What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

power

clshades

have you tested all the pci-e power ports on the psu with the with both sets of cards? I'm not really sure how you are figuring this stuff out etc.

WolfBane

have you tested all the pci-e power ports on the psu with the with both sets of cards? I'm not really sure how you are figuring this stuff out etc.
i drained my system and installed 2nd lower card in the first slot and nothing ...
so i redrained system put first card back in top slot and BAM worked great !
so i am pretty sure now that the bottom card is bad , i sent evga a request for a rma , still have 378 days left on warrenty .
So now i am waiting on a RMA number , hopefully by tomm :)

WolfBane

Ok got myRMA # Now to pack and ship to EVGA in Cali....... :) Wunder how good they are at replacing things ???

KaptCrunch

when you get card back, have a digital multi-meter to check pcie power plug for correct polarity by pinout

may have mixed MB power with pcie

bottom image is the correct for pcie for some PSU are not marked on plugs

10e

Last edited:

MARSTG

The tech specs on corsair website say this PSU has 4 PCIE connectors not 2. After all is a 750W. I had a 650W that was having 4, so it would have been a bit lame for Corsair to showcase only 2, on quite a high powered PSU on single rail design.

10e

The tech specs on corsair website say this PSU has 4 PCIE connectors not 2. After all is a 750W. I had a 650W that was having 4, so it would have been a bit lame for Corsair to showcase only 2, on quite a high powered PSU on single rail design.
I'm not sure. I just viewed a bunch of unboxings and they all had 6+2 x 2 on each modular cable, so maybe I'm wrong, or I may have had a CS750M instead.

Wolfbane, why are you saying you don't have dual 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors on each cable? I'm very confused right now.

If you're having trouble finding the right cables, I think these cables said "Type 3" on one of the connectors, usually the one that goes into the PSU's modular connector.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter