What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Powerline ethernet problems

stoanee

As the title says, I am having problems with my powerline adaptors dropping the internet connection to my two folding computers. When I originally put them in they worked without any configuration and were stable for over a month. Since I rebuilt the woman's computer two days ago, they have been dropping out multiple times per day. I have tried snooping around in the router settings but I do not know what I am doing so I pretty much left the settings alone. So far, only unplugging and replugging the powerline adaptors starts everything again. Any ideas? ( I have googled this to no satisfaction)

Last edited:

clshades

One thing I know about those poweline ethernet dealies is they have to be on the same phase or they have major problems this isn't normally a problem for a house though. Are they plugged directly into the wall or are you running them through a battery back up or hardcore power bar? Multiple power bars? You might try using a different power bar or plugging them in a different way?

stoanee

Plugging in different spots did not help, I swapped out the router to see if it is causing the problems.....:blarg:

clshades

lemmie know man... cuz the whole powerline thing would be nice. There is a lot of copper simply being wasted in most homes and to utilize it would be great. I know I could use it for a few things.

stoanee

The weird thing is that it worked great until I upgraded my wife's computer. Sometimes things fail at at the same time as another event happens and that may be what is going on here. The router I am using now seems to be holding things together better, I hope it was the problem. I suspect it was somehow causing the powerline adaptors to lose their connection also. Time will tell.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Doublecheck the motherboard's ethernet settings, in regards to "Allow Windows to shut down the component when not in use". It's inside the Adapter's settings, in Device Manager.

jumpload

Banned
MY self id trash that junk in 2 sec and hardwire the pile,lol i wonder if someone could hack in to your netork from a diffent house if they used poweline Ethernet adapter,that be a hella funny :D

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter