What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pre-Review OC Report :: ASUS Rampage Extreme

zlojack

Well, my eventual goal is ~500-550 FSB with the CPU at 4.4-4.5GHz and the RAM at 1600-1760MHz (5:8 divider).

But as I said, I'm still a few weeks away from having all the pieces I require to rebuild my WC loops, so until then I'm stuck with the crappy stock CPU cooler. I'm going to try 3.5GHz on the stock cooler (7x500) and see what I can get out of it...maybe point a spot cooler at the NB for now until I get my water back.

The RAM is this set.

3oh6

those are some very lofty goals for a daily rig. IMO, expecting 4.5GHz daily out of an E8400 which you must be looking at if running that high a FSB is just expecting disappointment unless you are buying a pre-tested CPU from someone. when you get your CPU and components necessary to find it's 24/7 limit, let me know here and i can help with finding the optimal setup because that is what it really revolves around.

zlojack

those are some very lofty goals for a daily rig. IMO, expecting 4.5GHz daily out of an E8400 which you must be looking at if running that high a FSB is just expecting disappointment unless you are buying a pre-tested CPU from someone. when you get your CPU and components necessary to find it's 24/7 limit, let me know here and i can help with finding the optimal setup because that is what it really revolves around.
It's an E8600 and it was running at 4.4GHz (9.5x464) totally stable on my Maximus Formula with the Rampage Formula bios. The RAM was at 1115 MHz. It also did 478x9 for 4.3GHz.

So it's a lofty goal, but an attainable one. I figure with the extra FSB capabilities of the Rampage, 500 FSB is not out of the question, no?

3oh6

the OCX Edition has gone 100K, and on air too without much effort.
just getting prepped for the real benches, hopefully this weekend,
but having trouble finding time to fill the dewar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter