What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pre-Review OC Report :: ASUS Rampage Extreme

3oh6

If it does change the BIOS on the fly and isnt glitchy I'm pretty much sold on this as my next MOBO already:thumb:
get out your wallet my friend because from the what i have done today, it is rock solid. i was skeptical at first but am well on my way to sold. obviously i would wait a bit as i have only had the board running for a day now but so far so good.

Does it show voltages or is it an adjustment (ie. +.01V, +.02V, etc.)? If they are adjustments all we're missing is a Windows-based software that can reliably assess voltages. Then true OC on the fly would be a reality.

If it shows voltages, then it's a complete package, without multimeters.
consider it a complete package then. for the review i will have a whole demonstration done up for the TweakIt. ASUS has really got it right with the TweakIt, ROG chips, and LCD Poster...everything you are asking for and more :thumb:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Thank you. And please don't go too deep with your review, you'll make me regret buying that Gigabyte X48...

Jack Rabbit

Live blogging an OC? That's funny.

How about taking up the TWiT offer for a free month of gotomeeting.com and screen cast it?

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Live blogging an OC? That's funny.

How about taking up the TWiT offer for a free month of gotomeeting.com and screen cast it?
:haha::haha: Not there yet. Plus, knowing Jody I doubt it would be under-16 appropriate with all the swearing. :whistle:

magictorch

Wow this is a must have board for the enthusiast. FSB 600 just like that-700 must be in your sights now. I like the layout too although I would prefer the 1st PCIE to be higher up and closer to the NB so the 2nd one isnt so low to the board..like the DFI layout.

You can detach the sinks after use without any issues.? Im assuming they got rid of the epoxy that sets after a few uses on the Maximus?

Compared with my board this board makes me feel like I'm driving one of these now-
3wheel.jpg

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Damn, Damn, Damn........

I'm going to have to start socking away some coin for this beast when it becomes available.... unfortunately, by the time I've got enough saved up, it'll be obsolete.... :(

zlojack

Wow.... now I have hardware envy....

Good thing I'm broke, or I'd be spending some long nights playing with this board and sleeping on the couch. 600 FSB like nothing!!!!!!

Well, living vicariously is not a bad thing. Keep going 3oh6!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Damn, Damn, Damn........

I'm going to have to start socking away some coin for this beast when it becomes available.... unfortunately, by the time I've got enough saved up, it'll be obsolete.... :(
Yup, 420 smackaroos... but obsolete? Not for me. With what I see here, this board will be a legend and one for the keepers.