What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Precision Tool Kit for opening up tech recommendation

justmehereajax

I am looking for a great tool kit with precision tools to open cell phones and laptops.

I use just whatever I have at home and scuff up all my tech :D

What do you guys use? All in one kit.

Any Amazon Prime offerings?

moocow

Well I got a partial kit from iFixit when I brought a replacement screen and battery for my iPhone 6. They seem to be the go-to kit but they don't have an electric screw driver. I might invest in their full kit when I really need to but so far don't need it.

sswilson

Staff member
I grabbed this one when I was looking for plastic pry tools to work on laptops (pretty sure it was on sale... but maybe not)....

It's a bit pricey, but has pretty much all you're going to need.

justmehereajax

I grabbed this one when I was looking for plastic pry tools to work on laptops (pretty sure it was on sale... but maybe not)....

It's a bit pricey, but has pretty much all you're going to need.

Lifetime warranty returns at CT stores. Thats a bonus. I live 10 minutes walk from my CT store

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... out of all that kit for $30, the really useful tool is the guitar pick..... :)

(Although I suppose the specialty screwdriver bits for cell phone hardware would come in handy if you're doing stuff that small.... :) ).

If you're going this route... don't forget rakuten and triangle..... :) (I do online ordering with in-store pickup which gets me both bonuses),

justmehereajax

Heh... out of all that kit for $30, the really useful tool is the guitar pick..... :)

(Although I suppose the specialty screwdriver bits for cell phone hardware would come in handy if you're doing stuff that small.... :) ).

If you're going this route... don't forget rakuten and triangle..... :) (I do online ordering with in-store pickup which gets me both bonuses),
I guess I should stock up only on the guitar pick... but if I buy from CT I get lifetime warranty lol

ebay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-50Pcs-Pr...hash=item4b3112cce4:m:mBE9xX35niffVZoJAtEUPLw
50 pieces = 4.87$ CDN

Shadowmeph

yes dthe guitar pick works pretty good I figured t ha tout on my own then looking on youtuibe seen allot of other people doing the same which I felt less smart abouty after seeing thaty hehe
ok a little off topic here but where does someone find touch screens for tablets I cracked my last tablets screen ended up buying a new ( cheap ) tablet but its wifi cuts in and out and the tablet with the cracked screen was excellent for wifi it is a cheap less than 200 CAD tablet but I would love to be able to fix it or learn how to fix it .