What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Precision Tool Kit for opening up tech recommendation

Cannon Fodder

ok a little off topic here but where does someone find touch screens for tablets I cracked my last tablets screen ended up buying a new ( cheap ) tablet but its wifi cuts in and out and the tablet with the cracked screen was excellent for wifi it is a cheap less than 200 CAD tablet but I would love to be able to fix it or learn how to fix it .
I fixed a broken screen on a Samsung tablet a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure I got the screen via Ebay. I watched some video, and/or read up on it a bit, and although it's a kind of finicky process, with the right tools, it's actually quite doable. The one hint I'd give you, IF you decide to do it, is to make sure you clean the inside of the screen before you install it..... on the one I did, it looked fine, and I assumed that since it was new, it WOULD be clean, but after I installed it, it was obvious that there was a kind of smoky haze on the inside. It doesn't really matter when the tablet is on, since it's not noticeable, but when turned off, it looks as though the screen needs cleaning, but when you clean the outside, it makes no difference, so the haze is obviously inside. :rolleyes:

lowfat

Staff member
I highly suggest replacing the LCD and touch screen (digitizer). Its going to be a substantially easier. Check Aliexpress for screens, but look @ reviews. Sometimes a replacement screen won't be very bright.

Latest posts

Twitter