What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

pressure washers

gingerbee

As per the norm in the last few months, I haven't bought a pressure washer in almost 20 years so just wanted to get people's thoughts on which unit you would purchase.

The use case will be house/cars/hydro jetting pipes/driveway/decks/patio stones and just about anything else you can think of needing one for, hence why I wanted to buy a gas-powered one and I have it down to these 2 units

https://byersequipment.com/Search-Inventory/adid/17272640/PW3100-3100PSI/

I am leaning towards the first one because the place we will be buying it from is a family member there local and from what I know they repair and work on everything they sell.

thoughts any and all thanks and hope all are having a great weekend

gingerbee

Ok so I guess it's not common for anyone to own one nowadays if the mods see and there are no hits just delete thanks

moocow

I have a basic electric pressure washer but ditch the included wand because it won't take a different tip. I use it to wash patio rocks, cars, and other stuff. Gas is just too much hassle in my book.

Bond007

I have only owned electric one for less intensive uses (atv, siding, general use).

Very different costs between the 2 you have picked. Higher cost with higher cleaning power (higher psi and flow rate), vs lower cleaning power and cost.

how about this:

Kohler engine and 2 year warranty.

gingerbee

Once I started digging from what I can see it all comes down to the pumps they use, electric ones are good for at most around 50-200 hrs of use great for washing your car or house, the gas ones are normally 500 to 1500 hrs of use before they give out. The echo one has an axial pump which means longer life.

My main reason for going with a gas-powered/axial pump/better quality unit is for a "hydro Jetter kit" I will need a very good GPM and PSi which I can't get with an electric unit. Will be taking a look at the Costco one looks pretty good and if I have a problem I can take it back even in a few years.

Thanks for the input all

FreeKnight

I've got the Ryobi electric from Home depot;

It's just ok. I like that it's quiter, doesn't stink up the area with 2-stroke fumes, but I'd say it's a bit underpowered. If I had to buy another I'd start looking to see if there's any industrial electrics. I'm not as convinced that electrics have to have a shorter life, but it may come down to who's manufacturing electrics and how good their design is more than anything.

lowfat

Staff member
Whatever you choose, keep it in doors of the winter or make sure it is completely drained of water.

@FreeKnight , unless you move to a 240V unit, can you actually do better? My 2030PSI Sunjoe is 14.5A. Can't really do more than that on a normal breaker.

gingerbee

Ya, it's about making them more affordable to buy hence why they come with lower grade pumps, A friend of mine put it this way ( he wons a gas unit ) you wanna replace it every 3-5 years at best and not be able to use the hydro Jetter ( which is a big one for me) then go with a cheaper one you wanna have it last 10 years and peel paint off brick/concrete walls then get a gas-powered one.

I wanna be able to blast out my pipes every year or so to make sure I will never have any problems plus all the normal things you would use a pressure washer for.

Lowfat, it would be kept inside all winter, It's the snowblower, I have no choice because we don't have an extra 20g to build a garage yet lol so chained to a tree in the yard is the best I can do with that once we buy it. We have a pretty long driveway and are between two very large lakes being Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching which means in this part of town we can get massive amounts of snow and with my health, no fucking way am I able to dig out any driveway let alone my big ass one. ( were buying a Husqvarna snowblower hopefully from the same place )

I am close to making up my mind but all of the added info has help thanks all.

JD

Staff member
I wanna be able to blast out my pipes every year or so
This is like your house drains? We've never done that and lived here nearly 30yr now, is that a normal thing to do?

Also if you don't have a garage, do you really want to be storing a gas powered device in your house? I'd imagine it's not going to smell very nice... ignoring any potential health or safety concerns...

Might want to at least consider getting a shed to put your snowblower in and this pressure washer. They sell anti-freeze that you can run through the pressure washer before winter hits.

Twitter