What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Price premium differences between color cases?

godslaw75

Hello
I'm sure it's been asked and answered, but why is there a price difference between a black case and a white case, like the lancool II?(I really want the white lancool II but $$$ costs is to much)
I love the look of white cases but sometimes the difference is just to much I can't pay the premium, again why? Good example was a few years ago I got the phenteks p400 charcoa-lish model(Still have it) cuz it was $30 cheaper then white model. Again why a premium?, Cuz of white painted panels?!?
THANKS godslaw75

Bond007

Number one reason is probably low volume of sales vs black cases. Otherwise I assume it is probably a bit more expensive to have a white that doesn’t show colour through and doesn’t yellow over time...just a guess though.

Izerous

Paint in different colors also costs quite a bit different. I went to buy white and red in specific colors to paint a bumper and wheels. The red wasn't even a premix pearl, it had to be manually mixed in afterwards etc. So a straight up Red vs white the red was 2x more expensive.

Some colors also are easier to match. Black is really easy to match and depending on the quality of paint just about everything else is difficult. Black paint vs black plastic will almost always be the same except for the finish. Any other combination the plastic usually isn't even the same shade so it takes extra effort to make it match and look good.

Latest posts

Twitter