What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Pricing on two cards

maverick_brent

So I have an opportunity locally to get a
Asus 3080 TUF 10gb Non-LHR
Card was mined on "undervolted and fans @ 70%"
card had Memory pad mod- adding a pad to bring down the memory temps.
Card was bought in Feb 21 from Amazon has recepit.
Price - $750

Is it worth it??

Also if bought I would sell my MSI 1080ti 11gbTwin Frozr VI - What are these going for lets say a quick sale?

Thanks in Advance!

Lysrin

Not sure about "worth it" for the 3080. That's a nice price for one I think if you are not worried about how it was used.

This Hardware Unboxed video from July has lots of info on current pricing, likely in USD dollars, but it would give you an idea. I've queued it up to his assessment that includes the 1080 Ti, but there's lots of other info for other GPUs if you watch the whole video.

lowfat

Staff member
Sounds like a great price to me. TBH I wouldn't worry about a card being mined on. Miners will run their cards way underclocked and undervolted. And GDDR6X will throttle before it overheats.

Bond007

Its really going to come down to your personal comfort with it being a mining card. It seems like a good price for the card, as long as you are happy with the minor risk of failure due to its "hard life". Based on what you have said about the card, it sounds like the current owner has done everything they can to minimize the chance of issues.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'd buy that card for $750 in a heart beat.

Worst to worst you'll have to replace the fans, as thats what takes the most abuse on a mining card.

Hell, if you dont buy it, send it my way. I'll find a use for it. (y)

sswilson

Staff member
The only thing I'd look at when/if you buy it is the "memory pad mod"......

I ran into issues when I redid the pads on one of my 5700XTs..... I had amazing temps on my memory, but my gpu and hotspot were much higher. Where this might be an issue with a card that had pads done for memory mining is that GPUs are heavily underclocked while mining (memory is overclocked) so it's possible that the gpu/hotspot temps will be too high when it's back to normal clocks.

Latest posts