What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress PrinTus MaXimus - The RETURN of the TEC!

Izerous

Folding Team

chibi_man

chibi_man

Developing a twitch now.

She powered up.... IT BLOODY BOOTED!!!!!

My gut tells me this PSU related SOMEHOW. Read and article last night regarding odd similar issues. Systems that would not boot until they powered everything down and did which craft by pressing and holding the power button to deplete any capacitance stored on the motherboard. These stories pointed to a dying PSU and the MOBO basically needed a fully power reset to run again.

I THINK, i may be running into a similar issue. When i tested the PSU last night, I have roughly 5.3v on the standby. SO things looked good and normal. I'm WONDERING if I had a brownout here which caused a blip in that 5v circuit. Wild guess really.
OR the obvious, PSU is ready to shoot the ghost soon. Better not, I hackummed my way to make things look kewler for no sensible point.

Ok, i'll ride this relief train for a while.

Hope to shelf made up for Printus's new home shortly. Some more printing for cable management, then i'll call this project done. You all can wait for my next hilarious post of something going wrong.

Still looking into thoughts on testing i can perform here. Not willing to return to windows as an OS. So open to linux based suggestions for benchmarking.

Izerous

Folding Team
I have had to purge the PSU in the past on ones that lasted years. Sometimes the motherboard just ends up in a weird low power state where it doesn't want to respond. I have never replaced something just because that happened.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Wish i could do a "Little wiggle". Not as simple as a standard waterblock. This sucker is sealed tight.
I'll fiddle with it this evening. Giver the ole college try.

Yeah, I knew you would have to lift the cooler and the eraser material to fiddle with it. It's just that you said No Post at all that had me suspecting a CPU/socket contact issue.

I recently got into a strange issue with my 5600G losing contact with the boot drive after being shut down with the PSU turned off. I could get into BIOS, but I couldn't find a way to make it recognize the boot drive. These new fangled chips are too smart for our own good, it seems. New hoops to jump through!:LOL:

Glad you got it to boot again and hopefully it will live long.

Last edited:

chibi_man

Well, worked all last night without fail. Got up this morning and gave it a go again..... BRICK.....

May need to keep the PSU off while things are shutdown for now on. Small price to pay i guess. If keeping it off all today and she turns back on tonight, then i'll just make a habit of turning the PSU off too. Until I see small wisps of smoke come out the PSU.

Latest posts

Twitter