What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Problems with my rig. Never posted yet!

JacquesMWest

Hi guys,

I am an amateur PC builder. I have been currently building a PC Rig and have been running into problems since the beginning of the build. It has never fully posted and never given a signal to my monitors. My newest problem is that it doesn't even want to start. I believe it is due to a PSU failure. It will light up for half a second, and then turn off and stay like that for an hour...

My specs are as following:

CPU: Intel i7-920 2.66 GHz bought this used but confirmed to work
Motherboard: Intel DX58SO Smackover Extreme series I RMA'd my board because it was faulty and got a new one
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
HDD: Intel 320 Series GEN3 40GB (Boot drive) + Samsung Spinpoint F1 Series HD103UJ 1TB
RAM: Mushkin Blackline 12GB pack (3x 4GB) 1600 MHz and Kingston ValueRAM 8GB pack (2x 4GB) 1066 MHz
PSU: Corsair TX850M
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L
Cooling System: Swiftech H20-220 Ultima HD

I need you guys help! I have had downtime since July, and it's now December. I have tried going to NCIX but they didn't want to help me. I have talked to Intel and every time that I call them, each person says something different. Like this RAM will work, I buy this RAM and the next technician tells me that it won't work, I should buy this, and the next technician say it won't work. I'm hopeless.

I have spent over $2500 on my PC. Thats just too much of a loss. If you can help me in anyway, I would be VERY greatful. Please email me at applepro256 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thanks in advance!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Disassemble everything, including the water-cooling. Run barebones, with the stock CPU fan, a single ram stick and no HDD. Assemble all this onto the motherboard box. Triple-check all connectors (1x 24 pins, 1x 8 pins, and the dual 6 pins for the GPU). Jump the power pins header on the motherboard, where you would connect the case Power header.

Does it start? Can you access the BIOS?

Latest posts