What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Problems with Overclocking my e8400

Tumdace

can i do all this with easytune 5? so that i dont have to go all the way back to bios? or is it better to do it in bios?

Tumdace

It's better to do it in the BIOS. Do you have a fan on your north bridge?

dont even know what a northbridge is.. is it that small heatsink? i havent changed it at all.. maybe i should invest in NB cooling?

BALISTX

Yep the Northbridge is the large heatsink beside the processor. You may want to get a 40mm fan and some tiny CPU heatsink screws and attach it to your Northbridge.

Tumdace

running stable at what u suggested

5-7-7-24 timings (although i wish i could tighten them.. as my ram is rated at 5-5-5-15), 400fsb, 9 multi, 2.0 memory, but that makes it 800mhz instead of the 1066mhz it should be..

oh and i have performance enhance on standard just incase i needed stability.. would i be safe putting it to extreme?

BALISTX

i'd leave it on standard. Try changing your memory multi 2.5 that would put your memory at 1000MHz. Have the speed faster on the memory will increase performance more so than having tight timings. tight timings isn't really all the important. I'd rather have loser timings and be stable at a higher memory speed.

Prof. Dr. Silver

running stable at what u suggested

5-7-7-24 timings (although i wish i could tighten them.. as my ram is rated at 5-5-5-15), 400fsb, 9 multi, 2.0 memory, but that makes it 800mhz instead of the 1066mhz it should be..

oh and i have performance enhance on standard just incase i needed stability.. would i be safe putting it to extreme?

k...I'm home now! LOL....so?

Okay so you got it stable at 3.6GHz now? on what voltage? if you set the performance enhance on extreme it just opens up a few more settings...leave the memory timings for now...lets focus on the CPU first....remember...the looser the timings...the faster your RAM will run!

Latest posts