What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Problewm with Steam :C

BobbyLou

Banned
SO, I just installed windows 7 64bit Home Premium. I go to the steam website and download steam. I install it and its fine. It then try's to do an update and it gets to 99% and then the whole computer freezes the mouse doesn't, work ctrl+alt+del doesn't work. Basically, I have to do a hard reset. When i restart the computer and log into windows I have about 10 seconds to go int task manager and end steam under the process task bar, or else the computer will freeze. I have tried to get this to work many times now and I'm not sure what the problem is, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled to no success as well. I contacted steam like 3 days ago and have gotten no response. Any insight?

PS. I have other games on the steam and have had no problems. I haven't really had any other issues other then this either so I'm thinking its a steam problem...

Last edited:

geokilla

Try reinstalling Steam? There's gotta be lots of Steam users out there that use Windows 7 64 bit. I am one of them and have no problems.

Sushi Warrior

I have a similar problem except steam uses 50% CPU constantly and won't run. It's a compatibility issue with something like a firewall/background program AFAIK.

BobbyLou

Banned
I am hard time to figure out what is it when you want to open steam? you mean from kettle or pot? this thread confuse please elnight

i wnat to help but not sure how steam uses cpu

hmm
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Sushi Warrior

I am hard time to figure out what is it when you want to open steam? you mean from kettle or pot? this thread confuse please elnight

i wnat to help but not sure how steam uses cpu

hmm
Well you see when I try to open the lid of the pot using the CPU it never comes out. It just stays inside of the pot and teases me. :sad:

Canzara

I am so nut understand here; sorry to sept 11 the thread... just confuse... i'll try better to understand; promise~~

one question i just learn quote feature recently how to say the word thou is it QWOTE or Q - U OTY?
steam is a gaming software for buying games. Kind of like gamespy. Welcome to Steam

its pronounced "kwoht"

On topic, my Steam is working fine under win7 x64.
Are you guys with issues using a similar firewall or antivirus?
maybe try disabling your firewall and or antivirus?

BobbyLou

Banned
im using windows firewall and microsoft security essentials anti-virus ill try disabling and see what happens...

KaptCrunch

im using windows firewall and microsoft security essentials anti-virus ill try disabling and see what happens...

Attempting to run Steam on Windows emulation or compatibility software is not supported may be your issue

Pre-release versions of Windows(betas, release candidates) are not supported

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter