What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Prodigy M & GTX780 Classified single slot

Kartner

He just cut a connector and I/O plate, both of which were pretty risk free mods, not sure why everyone is so freaked out about it...

Anyway, nice job draemn! :thumb:

draemn

People who have very tight budgets/money are understandably very risk adverse with an item that is over $550.

Yes, I very much love having a proper single slot 780, but I have this one problem left over of putting my sound card in the 4x PCIe slot makes my computer do all kinds of bad things. The main point of cutting the card was so I could put my sound card in that slot!!!! I might just RMA the mobo. It'd be nice if I could find somewhere better to put the SSD, I might try to leave it behind the mobo if I can get the SATA cable to still reach the HDD somehow (I really don't want to plug any more cables into that PSU).

Thanks!

Kartner

but I have this one problem left over of putting my sound card in the 4x PCIe slot makes my computer do all kinds of bad things.

That really sucks!

Some motherboards share their pcie lanes between slots, so if one slot is populated, others cannot be used. I've noticed this when looking into doing SLI. May want to check the specs on your board and see if that's the case. May be able to make some adjustments in the bios about the lanes as well.

draemn

No mention of this for my motherboard and considering it is the ROG series and $300, I'd be pretty pissed if they tried to pull off something like this. I'm not 100% certain if it is my sound card causing the issues or the PCIe slot itself?

Yeah, attaching it to the side of the case will be the easy part... finding somewhere to put it AND route the cables there is the tricky part D:

Latest posts