What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Programs Not Responding, Now Internet Doesn't Work?

Nodscene

Good luck and keep us updated. There is still a slim chance you are infected. If, after you've run memtest and chkdsk and still have found nothing try Combofix. If that doesn't find anything then it's pretty safe to say your system is clean.

JoeOnePack

Banned
Good luck and keep us updated. There is still a slim chance you are infected. If, after you've run memtest and chkdsk and still have found nothing try Combofix. If that doesn't find anything then it's pretty safe to say your system is clean.
I'm running adaware in safe mode and so far there are 7 traces detected. Hopefully it found the problem that malware didn't. :punk:

EDIT: I put memtest on a USB and booted from the USB, but when it ends on the desktop, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to run this in safe mode?

EDIT 2: Not sure if memtest worked, but my internet is working and all the taskbar images are now working when they weren't before. Why is it working now all of a sudden? lol

Last edited:

Perineum

memtest didn't work, you would have seen it running for an hour

You need to tell your BIOS / UEFI to boot off the usb thumb drive

Dzzope

I'm running adaware in safe mode and so far there are 7 traces detected. Hopefully it found the problem that malware didn't. :punk:

EDIT: I put memtest on a USB and booted from the USB, but when it ends on the desktop, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to run this in safe mode?

EDIT 2: Not sure if memtest worked, but my internet is working and all the taskbar images are now working when they weren't before. Why is it working now all of a sudden? lol
Edit2 could be answered by your initial comment.

Edit1: you boot into memtest, not windows. then run it. you may have to check your boot priority as said above or if prompted press a key to select boot device or to boot from the device you have memtest on before windows ..

Nodscene

Do you know what it found? Wether it was just cookies or actual infected file. I think I'd run Combofix just to be safe. Run in safe mode if possible.

JoeOnePack

Banned
Do you know what it found? Wether it was just cookies or actual infected file. I think I'd run Combofix just to be safe. Run in safe mode if possible.
Pretty sure it was cookies related. I will run the other suggested tools tonight when I get back.

Thanks guys. Will keep you updated.