What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Project: APASF ("A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future") (Final Pictures 29-03-2013)

great_big_abyss

The copper pipes will act like heat sinks (copper has tremendous conductive properties, of course) and might actually do more good than the rads. Goodness knows you have enough copper in there to plumb a house!

Luciel

Thats good to know, hopefully it means it can become a mean lean passive machine, not so silent due to the gpus, but still :p

And in deed, spent a small fortune all of the copper and fittings (well actually its not that much when you take all the plumbing equipment its gone in to it, including that fancy preassure gage (was 100€ in total)

great_big_abyss

Yes sir, copper is not cheap.

I also noticed that your res is just plumbed in off of a single line, with no return. Will it even do anything?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I see the res. act as a Y line, which supplies liquid only if needed. There is a T-fitting before the res. going to the pump.
Now, if I'm not mistaken our closed loops have no pressure, only flow. That pressure port may not work.

Luciel

Guys I think you´re not seeing it right, the loop is as follows. Reservoir to pump to cpu to first res to second res to reservoir, it looks like there´s a T, but its not, its just to connect the preassure gage, it doesnt connect to the other end of the loop, you´ll see it better in the next set of picks : )

Luciel

Hi Guys,

I tried my best, I´m sure you all know from my hectic updates these last almost 3 weeks that I´ve been working every second I get free on the project. Unfortunately it was not enough. The reason for starting so late was waiting for parts to arrive and basically financially being able to buy all the materials, paints, etc I needed to make this truelly unique.

The fact is I´m about 1-3 days short worth of work on detailing, fixing some last minute issues (that always pop up) and so on to be happy with the final result.

That said, I have made it as presentable as posible to be able to participate in the competition I started this for.

As you can see some parts are missing like the wood trimmings (that´s what those holes in the metal are for), some modifications to make everything fit better, and a few other things, also theres 2 very small leaks on 2 different fittings on the radiator side of the case which I need to fix.

And a long list of "small things to do".

Goes without saying I am finishing the project, but since the hectic deadline is now over I will be taking my sweet time, and making sure everything is as perfect as my skills allow it to be.

Aniway, here are the pictures of how it looks right now.

151.JPG

152.JPG

153.JPG

154.JPG

155.JPG

156.JPG

157.JPG

158.JPG

159.JPG

great_big_abyss

Ahh, very nice. The 2nd picture shows very clearly what you did with the Res. As far as 'fit and finish', isn't the point of Steampunk to look as if it's been put together with spare parts, therefore it's supposed to look 'unfinished'?

Luciel

Dont think so, I mean I may be wrong, the research I did before starting this mainly pointed out that steampunk resembles modern technology if we were still using 19th century technology, i.e. steam engines, coal, etc.

Luciel

Update:

I´ve been fighting for the last two weeks with the tubing, I´m still trying to fix the leak on one of the outputs on the reservoir, the other two leaks have been fixed (I took apart those sections and reinforced the joints with teflon which seals it quite nicely, for whatever reason that doesn´t seem to be working with the reservoir.

I have a couple of options I will be trying on monday, hopefully one of them will work. Worst comes to worst I can permanently fit the joint which will fix the issue but will not allow for it to ever be taken apart again (not that its an issue as I never planned to but its nice to know I can if for whatever reason I need to).

Updates to come following that.

On another subject, I´ve been nominated for MOTM over at bit-tech, and the voting has been going on from the 6th of July. The voting ends on the 6th of Aug, i.e. tomorrow monday at 8 am. I´m currently fighting for the first place so if you feel like helping out, pop by and vote. But I´d like to stress that, only do it if you believe APASF is the best out of the 6 mods shown there. I´d greatly appreciate it : )

Mod of the Month Mod Of The Month June 2012 - bit-tech.net Forums

Luciel

Thank you everyone who voted for me on the Bit-Tech.net Mod of the Month June Edition Competition. I´m over the moon for winning! ^^

Latest posts