What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Project: Black and White

CanadaRox

Another Corsair Obsidian work log!!

I ordered everything I need from NCIX and P-PCs last night, and I'll be getting the RAM from CanadaComputers when I get the NCIX order.

The general specs (you'll find out more when I get the parts :ph34r:):
i7 920 D0
6GB DDR3
XFX 4890, thanks to the HWC/NCIX contest in the summer :canadianwave:
4 x 500GB RAID 0 short stroked to 50GB each (I made myself a promise that I wouldn't buy into SSDs until i could get a good 120GB drive for ~$200)

So far all I'm going to say is that my general plan is a primarily black rig, accented with white.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
4 x 500GB RAID 0 short stroked to 50GB each (I made myself a promise that I wouldn't buy into SSDs until i could get a good 120GB drive for ~$200)

My reasoning exactly. My setup exactly too? lol! Which drives did you get? I'm quite a fan of the new 7200.12 500Gbs from Seagate. They're whisper-quiet single-platter drives with great performance. :thumb:

Huzzah for more BIG systems! (now we just need some more multi-cpu ones, lol)

CanadaRox

My reasoning exactly. My setup exactly too? lol! Which drives did you get? I'm quite a fan of the new 7200.12 500Gbs from Seagate. They're whisper-quiet single-platter drives with great performance. :thumb:

Huzzah for more BIG systems! (now we just need some more multi-cpu ones, lol)

Yep, the exact same HDDs! I have a couple in my server and they are definitely the quietest ones, run coolest and from what I've read, they are the fastest ones too.

steers

Slowly but surely the Obsidian is infiltrating this community :ph34r:

It sure is one hell of a case, and this is looking like quite the build indeed. You're certainly making good use of the 800D's drive bays, although I don't know how useful the hot-swapping capability will be with a striped array...

Anyway, I bid you welcome to the 800D Owner's Club :haha: Make sure to take lots of pictures!

Sushi Warrior

Did you get Techflex sleeving? I would strongly suggest looking into either doing a double layer or getting MM sleeving. The Techflex lets lots of colour through.

Latest posts