What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Project: Chronos

headsh0t

mmmm hundreds of dollars of PC equipment. Me likes. Can't wait to see it with the loop running :) Your sound card looks a bit crooked BTW.

steers

Well, first thing this morning (I use the term morning loosely) I lugged my box of crap out to the workshop/living room, grabbed my tube cutters (and a beer) and got to work. Everything turned out surprisingly well, I think. I suppose I'll see exactly how well I did once I start the leak test, but first I'm going to give my fingers an hour or two to heal after screwing on all those compression fittings :bleh:

Here she is, all plumbed up!

img1587h.jpg

Everything's a combination of 45º rotary adapters and 1/2" ID compression fittings, save for the one 1/2" barb I used on the reservoir inlet. I needed a straight connection, and the compression fittings don't fit directly on the face of the res. I managed to mount the res to the case using a combination of foam mounting tape and velcro strips, so hopefully that'll hold well enough once the system is filled (it does get a reasonable amount of support from the tubing itself as well though). Speaking of filling, getting that res in and out to fill it will be a bit of an adventure :haha:

Here's a close-up on the loop:

img1588v.jpg

I'll throw an update up later tonight with the (hopefully non-catastrophic) results of the leak test :thumb:

mmmm hundreds of dollars of PC equipment. Me likes. Can't wait to see it with the loop running :) Your sound card looks a bit crooked BTW.

Not much you can do about that with PCIe 1x cards methinks, since they connect with so few pins. It sucks, but it still seems to work just fine that way.

ayah

Mmm. Nice setup. I want to see some overclocked DeltaTs!

steers

so it's CPU-GPU-Board the GPU run hotter, I will have place the Board Block before the GPU

I was contemplating that, but it would have made the tube connections a lot more unpleasant, I think. Either way, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem. As far as cooling priority goes, I think it's CPU > GPU > NB/MOSFETs, so that's what I went with :haha:

1 hour down on the leak test, and so far so good! I'm very surprised there haven't been any leaks whatsoever. I don't want to jinx it though :ph34r:

I'll let it run for another hour or two, and if I don't have any problems, I'll call it a day and get back to Borderlands before the kids start showing up :thumb:

ImmaPC

First time posting in this thread but I've been following it from the start. Honestly. I have to say that thing looks so sexy, and I can't wait to see how it performs with those huge fans! Just where do you get the cash for all this?!?

And that 800D is just sexy. And it's extra suited for watercooling it seems, perhaps not so much for standard air cooling though. If I ever get my act together and get a WC setup, this is going to be the case for it.

ayah

First time posting in this thread but I've been following it from the start. Honestly. I have to say that thing looks so sexy, and I can't wait to see how it performs with those huge fans! Just where do you get the cash for all this?!?

And that 800D is just sexy. And it's extra suited for watercooling it seems, perhaps not so much for standard air cooling though. If I ever get my act together and get a WC setup, this is going to be the case for it.

Maybe he inherited a bank. ;)

miggs78

Very nice.. Proper job done mate, that looks beautiful.. You're doing the case a little in-justice not sleeving those darn cables.. C'mon :p..

Latest posts

Twitter