What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Project "Gettin' out of the Ghetto"

a35599

Looks sharp. Got me thinkin' of tinkering with my cosmos.:thumb:

low351

Actually Biff, I'd call your installation "Professional". I'd certainly be pleased to pay for such a high end installation.

I guess I'm gun shy about the PSU since my Hiper-M 880 is 180mm long... I had to shoehorn it into my 690 and it has a pretty nice spot for it to begin with.

biff

Finally got everything done. Couldn't believe how long the cable management took as well as the little details. So here it is, my first Mod. Well maybe not a mod as the case still looks the same so a build perhaps? I think I'm going to look into doing a side window. I know I can buy a side that has a window in it for $100 which seems steep to me but at the same time I kind of like to keep the full panel too in the even I wanted to do some thing else to it. I'll have to think about it.

I'm a little disappointed with the pumps, certainly not as quiet as I hoped for. They both have a little rattling noise though one is noisier than the other, maybe I will contact DD about it. Realistically they are not too bad but I was looking for silence.

I ran orthos for a couple hours and my temps peaked at 37° and idle is 27° (ambient is 21°). Unfortunately my chip is a real dog so I can't push the WC system to see what it can do. Do those temps seem in line for a e6550 at 3GHz? I haven't lapped the block or the chip as I see little point with the limitations this chip has. Can't wait to see how those 45nm quads do, whenever they come out. Or maybe I'll settle for a e8400/e3110.

I put the quick release drive retention thingies back on just for cosmetic reasons to hide the ortherwise ugly piece of metal. Also had I used them my DVD-RW and card reader wouldn't have been very flush with the front. I still don't understand was possible use these serve, do people really need the ability to swap their optical drives that quickly? Perhaps some anti-vibration mounts would've been a better idea. Maybe something I'm missing...

I had fun doing this. I still have some things I'd like to tinker with but nothing major in mind at this time. So any comments or criticisms?

Oh and BTW this rig weighs in at 52Lbs so it's certainly not LAN party friendly.

rimg1744uo6.jpg

rimg1746en3.jpg

rimg1748sk9.jpg

t0m

that looks great, but 52 lbs? how many gallons of water in your loop?:haha:

RCKage

Im fairly new to computers and all...but that looks sick. Good job :clap: Guh...second spelling edit in 1 minute....time for bed

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I must say this is probably the cleanest dual-loop rig I have ever seen. Very well done.

sswilson

Staff member
Oh man is that ever sweet!!!!!!!!

A boutique builder would be proud to send such a clean looking install to a mag like Maximum PC for review.

The only question I have is on the orientation of your northbridge cooler.... Looks like it's passive, and if so, wouldn't you get better airflow through it by turning it 90 deg? Looks like there would be enough room.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Oh man is that ever sweet!!!!!!!!

A boutique builder would be proud to send such a clean looking install to a mag like Maximum PC for review.

The only question I have is on the orientation of your northbridge cooler.... Looks like it's passive, and if so, wouldn't you get better airflow through it by turning it 90 deg? Looks like there would be enough room.
No fan on the backside, and if you look closely, the general airflow is bottom to top.

I think.:haha:

Latest posts