What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Project: Greenside.

Kayen

Project: Needs a better name .

Alright mini upgrade time. You guys have seen me whine about my Antec Nine Hundred lately quite a bit, well i just made an order, and someone SHOULD be buying my Antec Nine Hundred soon. Just placed an order on NCIX with that one day $2 shipping promo thanks to Esther (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BY THE WAY!).

So the guts remain the same for the most part.
Intel Q6600 w/ TRUE120
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L
BFG 9800GTX+
Patriot PC6400 2x1gb Ram 4-4-4-12 timing.
160gb Drive of some sort ( OS DRIVE )
300gb Seagate Drive ( Data Drive ) .
Silverstone Strider ST60F Modular 600w PSU.

OUT:
Antec 900 - Been a beast for me <3. Time to part ways I loved you, but not your hygiene issues (cable management/dust)

So what did i just order from NCIX? (* denotes ordered awhile back):
1x NZXT M59 - $65 . Bargain Price. Full of features, i'm gonna make this baby work for me.
*3x GELID SILENT 12 120mm FANS - $3.54 ea - Cheap, silent, ordered them awhile back.
3x Yate Loon D12SL-12 120MM RED/BLACK $4.99 ea - Got these because, i just felt like it, they were on sale, and i like fans. Anyways, i'm gonna dual fan my TRUE 120, so iunno, more fan configurations.
1x OCZ Eclipse Laser Gaming Mouse - $10, why the heck not, better than my $5 no name mouse.
*1x Sunbeam Rheobus Black 4 Channel Fan controller - $12.33, To control case fans / help cable management a bit.
2x Works 3 Pin to 3 Pin Y Adapter - $3.84 ea - To use with said fan controller. Control dual exhausts with one dial & dual intakes with one dial.
1x Thermalright 120MM Fan Clips with Rubber Strips for Ultra 120A and Ultra 120 Extreme Heatsinks - Going to dual fan my TRUE 120 ! Oh yeah! Dual fan sexyness!
*1 x Dual set of 12" Green CCFL's - $4.42 - Green.. i <3 green.

Anyways, i think i'm set.
Also what fan configuration should i use with current fan + included fans w/ case.
Note i'll also have one of those blue led 120mm Coolermaster fans.
Here's what i'm thinking:
2x Gelid Exhausts
2x Yate loons on the TRUE 120
1x Stock NZXT (42 cfm) rear exhaust,
1xCM 120 LED Front Intake,
1x Stock NZXT (42 cfm) LED side intake.

So i'll have a spare yateloon, and a GELID silent 12 fan. Any mods / suggestions you can think of ?

Last edited:

Kayen

IMG_05291.jpg

IMG_05311.jpg

IMG_05271.jpg

Yay for cable management !

Last edited:

mo' power

As far as using one of your spare fans goes, you could mount one on the side of your drive cage. I don't know what it has for ventilation holes. Just a thought. Looks nice though. I'm diggin' that green.

Kayen

So yate loons weren't open chassis, so couldn't use them on the TRUE, so i have 2 sitting on the side.
And since i've taken that picture, i had to move the rear exhaust to the outside, as the TRUE fan clips stop it from working.
I need to go purchase myself one of those slim fans to place in the back. Or .. get an H50 . HMMMM.

Lots of troubles with this build .. BSOD fest.

curtispan

That case actually looks a lot better that I expected. Any chance you could take a photo of it head on? I just want to see what the bottom looks like.

Mnpctech

Cool, youre the first person I've seen install a system in the new M59. That would be a fun case to mod someday. The front reminded me of a coin-op video game cabinet

Latest posts