What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Project "I'm sick of shoehorning things in a Cerberus-X and I'm moving to a MORA3 rebuild".

Xeven

Time to do some prints. Been having some problems with stringing lately. Nothing a quick zap with a heat gun can't fix, but I probably need to do some calibration again. They're ugly, but they should work. 😁
5kMqaPJ.jpg

It's not the best, but this will do. Not gonna spend too much time with this this time, especially not doing a lowfat :p (as beautiful as they are) and getting them sleeved and cut to length. Maybe later on I'll get nicer cables made, but I don't mind the oem ones at all for the time being.

inlXeB3.jpg

2TVWq5U.jpg

rMsZIhA.jpg

Could look better, but like I said I'll live with it for now. I'll create a cable box to hide all the ugliness inside 😄. Also need to design some combs for the dual EPS12V cables. I guess I'll just stack them into 4x4 to conserve some lateral space.

Xeven

Nice work with the combs.

Thanks, although I'm not very satisfied with them, they're a good base for an improved version I think.

Anyhow, since I decided to hide most of the cable ugliness, I should only be showing a few cables (probably just the 12VHPWR and the ATX). I started designs for the motherboard shroud, so I can do this. It's not going to be a full shroud, just the perimeter should be enough. I printed a draft of the top section. Here's how it will work:

Before:
hgKW8hl.jpg

After:
xTkGiHu.jpg

Works quite nicely to hide all that crap. Looking at it now, I realize that the holes are ugly AF (like some kind of plastic hobby box) and I'll probably need countersunk screws + standoffs or just do a long M3 hex bolt flush to the surface. Probably need to chamfer the edges as well (maybe), not sure if I like this look. 😄

Xeven

Decided to encase the 2x90mm fans along with the top section of the shroud as well. Splicer says it will take about 8 hours to print this even on draft, so I guess I'll have to wait a while. 😖

Apex_top_fixture1.JPG

Xeven

After a couple of revisions, I think this is close to what I'll end up with. I like this satin PETG filament, it looks good even at draft (0.3).

RDFslPn.jpg

cUHflL7.jpg

eGlt1jg.jpg

Last edited:

Xeven

Originally was going with satin black tubing, but I don't know, maybe chrome will work better since I moved from an all black board to a while/silver one. Build won't be fully color coordinated, but I don't really mind. :)

WV0SQdQ.jpg

XuwoopD.jpg

Xeven

One intake and one exhaust?
The intake is mostly to cool the DDR5 directly below as it can get finicky when it gets too hot. It also serves to add some fresh air to the PSU as it can get hot as well. Probably moot with the dual 140 below pushing air, but I'll see how the system performs. I can just reverse the fans to intake or exhaust only as needed.

I was also thinking that with them in opposite directions, I might just be feeding the intake with warm air from the exhaust (both from the exhaust fan and the PSU exhaust vent) :p. This is something I need to test/fix.

Last edited:

Xeven

Since I put a shroud on the top fans, I might as well add some to the bottom as well. Need to split into 2 parts as my print bed isn't long enough. 😅

YfHOfJS.png

Added some cavities for LED lighting as well. Because, why not. I don't usually put on any lighting, but sometimes having some lights corresponding to temps is useful. That and I have ribbons of LED that I haven't found any use for yet. :ROFLMAO:

The diffuser. I plan to print it on "transparent" PETG, but it might be too transparent to diffuse light properly. I'll see how it turns up and take a look at my options. Maybe I can just thicken the walls as well, if it's transluscent enough.

hQJgVsp.png

Xeven

Turned out better than how I thought it would. o_O
MEZQUXR.jpg

This galaxy black PETG looks a lot better in real life, that said, I like the satin black better probably. As for the assembly, seems to fit well.
eWWbJqM.jpg

And now for the light show. 😄

eOTmUqG.jpg

uH42EBA.jpg

Even with the walls thickened, you can see a fair bit of the outline of the LEDs. I'll try printing them in PETG-white which is a bit translucent. Hope the light diffuses better, but the clear PETG seems to be sufficient, nonetheless.

Latest posts