What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Mod Project: Military Tech - A fundraising project in support of veterans

Dalchi Frusche

Just a quick update to share the change for the GPU backplate to fit the Memorial Day theme a bit closer.

GPU%20Backplate%202_zps7zev97z7.jpg

Dalchi Frusche

Update 10/20/16

TestSig_zpsrt3mhkbq.gif

New%20Sponsors_zpsrra06p1l.png

That's right ladies and gentlemen! We have new sponsors to announce!

logo_zps8ohxwwev.png

First, I welcome Lowes to the mix and while they don't have the budget to donate they are willing to work with me on the prices of materials that I need. The manager is a solid guy that was quick to communicate even with his busy schedule. A big thank you to Lowes for their support so far.

logo_zpszakpnfzp.jpg

Next I want to mention Home Depot. I'm currently working with the manager to sift through my materials list so he can provide the most that budget allows. It didn't take long for the manager to come aboard the project. I happened to stop him in the middle of the store and within a couple minutes he expressed his interest in sponsoring the project with some donations.

logo_zpsqjnebsy0.png

And last, but certainly not least, I introduce The Paracord Store who have graciously agreed to provide the paracord supplies for this project. Located semi-locally, about 3 hours drive from me, they can be found online at www.theparacordstore.com. They have some great prices and shipping is actually not too bad, they offer several options for shipping. One of the biggest things of interest is they carry more than just the standard 550 cord. They have a range of sizes to include 750, 550, 425 and 275. But to the delight of the modder inside of me, they carry CORELESS paracord. To make it even more interesting is they carry 20 colors of coreless paracord and over 100 colors and patterns in 550 paracord. Needless to say they have a great selection and looking through the colors makes me start thinking of all the other builds tucked away in my cerebral mass. :D

So take a moment and help me thank these sponsors for their support on this project. As a business it's hard to make a living in our current economical state, so I can't express my gratitude enough when I see this kind of support.

Until next time, Happy Modding!

Dalchi Frusche

11/2/16 Small Update

Just so everyone knows I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I wanted to say hi and share something new. I'm currently tied up finishing my Blue Fury build for Gigabyte's Mod2Win contest.

I got the samples of green paracord from TheParacordStore.com and compared them with a scrap piece of metal I painted. I first was going to do Black/Green/White color scheme(first picture), but when compared to the paint the white just was very bright. Instead, I'm going to switch it up and replace the white with their Khaki color(second picture). At the bottom is the sleeving design that I am going for. There won't be a huge amount of Khaki used, but just enough to offset the black and green.

Dalchi Frusche

Update 11/28/16

Hey everyone!

I do apologize for the long delay in updates.* I had to switch focus and get my Blue Fury(link) mod complete in time to submit for Gigabyte’s Mod2Win contest.* So while the delay was a bummer, there was some good to come out of it.* But that I will save for another update.

Onto today’s update, I worked on marking and cutting both a new motherboard tray and back panel.* So far I have cut the panels out, marked the location for the standoffs, marked and cut the opening for the PSU and mounting holes.* Additionally, I riveted a L support under the PSU to give it more strength.* I will do an additional mount on the motherboard tray as well.

Well that’s it for now, keep an eye out as our focus has turned back to completing this.

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Dalchi Frusche

Update 12/13/16

LL

Good afternoon DDCM fans!

I hope everyone is doing well this holiday season and the number of stressful days will stay to a minimum. I finally have some more progress to share. I had taken a bit of family time and took a small trip to see some family and take my kids on the Polar Express. Needless to say, given the headaches at work it helped me refocus. Here’s a picture from the train with our awesome matching pajamas.

LL

But enough of the silliness, and onto the project. I was able to get the new panel almost all complete. Just have to tie in the corners together with some rivets and it’ll be ready to hit with primer. Seems like a lot of work to gain a few mm of cable management space.

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

Dalchi Frusche

Update 12/13/16

LL

That is right ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for a sponsor update! And what a great one it is!

Kicking off the party we have gained sponsorship with GIGABYTE. Through some hard work and determination, with a bit of Blue Fury modding on the side, they have graciously agreed to send a GA-170X-EXTREME-ECC motherboard. How great does that tan digital camo look! I am glad that I decided to add a little tan into the sleeving instead of the white. With a little green paint this will fit well with the overall theme.

Second we have our newest sponsor, EVGA who just recently returned their response in support of Project Military Tech. I am super excited to get my hands on the EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W G2 they are sending. Not only is it an impressive piece of hardware, I am itching to start sleeving this 1000W monster. A big thanks to EVGA for their support!

Finishing today’s sponsor update is one of our favorite forums, Overclockers.com! They stepped up to support the cause and sent a 8GB kit of G.Skill Aegis DDR4 RAM. This prompted me to get an e-mail out to G.Skill to see if they would match the donation and possibly throw in a SSD. But, time will tell on that one. I normally don’t see forums sponsoring builds/mods, so I appreciate the non-conventional support! Over the past year I have had the pleasure dealing with many of the moderators and other forum members. One local member was gracious enough to loan his GPU for me to mod for my last mod, Blue Fury.

To conclude today’s update, I just wanted to give a big thanks to not only the companies that have sponsored me, but also to the individuals that have stepped in and offered support. From 3D printing, decal printing, to CNC work; several people have offered help where they can. This build has been heavily dependent on sponsorships, and I am moved to have so much of the community get behind this build.

Dalchi Frusche

Update 12/28/16

LL

Got a bit of an update for everyone!

I was able to sneak in a little work this holiday season and have a couple pictures to share. I cut out the opening for the front panel intake and made a mount for the 2 fans. I also test fit the vandal switch in place.

I also posted DDCM’s first Youtube video! I figured unboxing EVGA’s PSU was a perfect opportunity to showcase my….. workspace? Haha, hope you get a kick out of the video and I’d love to hear any comments or suggestions.
YouTube Link:
https://youtu.be/izInVwBUzrk

Slightly off topic, #OperationChristmasSurprise went off beautifully and I crafted this plaque for my wife.
LL

As always guys, thanks for sticking with me. Until next time….
Happy Modding!

raziel1981

i just love these kind of renovation projects on the old school cases that used to be back in the days
looking forward to see how this one will turn out!

Dalchi Frusche

i just love these kind of renovation projects on the old school cases that used to be back in the days
looking forward to see how this one will turn out!

Hi raziel!

Welcome aboard the crazy ride.

Progress is slow but moving. All my fabrication is almost complete except for the side panel window. Then it's off to painting and assembly.

Thanks for tuning in and keep an eye out for updates. If you want more frequent updates you can find me on social media.

Dalchi Frusche

Update 1/2/17

LL

Good evening DDCM fans!

I hope everyone’s holiday went fantastic and safely made it through with some sense of sanity. 

To celebrate the new beginning of the new year, I figured I’d make the video giving a shout out to sponsor that helped the beginning of Project Military Tech, which is ModMyMods.com. Enjoy the video and if you’ve enjoyed the project before or got a chuckle from my newbie YouTube skills, please leave a comment or a like. I really appreciate everyone’s support up to this point. Hopefully more build log specific videos will come in the near future.

As always…. Modders Unite!

https://youtu.be/PIet1nORFZU

Latest posts