What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Project: Power Hackintosh

Photograph

And here is the final result of my first case mod and three months worth of hard work:

4458360723_20040f87c6_o.jpg

4459140770_afc5895ba2_o.jpg

4459140872_d5a04c16fc_o.jpg

4459141024_696cf5db19_o.jpg

4459141174_769412b742_o.jpg

4459141286_67c49e3847_o.jpg

4459141440_8f5c68450f_o.jpg

4459141586_6a540c2be1_o.jpg

4459141636_5a68bd15c0_o.jpg

I will take some real photos sometime by the weekend and post them, thanks for looking :)

TopDogZero

Amazing job :thumb: for a MINI project LOL, but seriously an awesome job and your attention to details is what really made this :thumb:.
And seeing a MAC transformed in to a PC is just a bonus :haha:.

AmuseMe

That looks amazing - for a Mac. Seriously though, it looks great :thumb: I love the actual "shape" of the case, and your collet are perfect. It almost looks like the PSU doesn't fit.

Musabi

Just went through this thread from start to finish, and I do have to say that I am so very happy that I didn't have to wait to see the final product!

You should send this to Apple and tell them: look at the potential you had for this case! But you had to screw it up and put crap inside =(

Photograph

I am in awe. this build looks phenomenal. You're obviously a master at your craft!

Thanks, I tried to do everything as well as I could :)

Amazing job :thumb: for a MINI project LOL, but seriously an awesome job and your attention to details is what really made this :thumb:.
And seeing a MAC transformed in to a PC is just a bonus :haha:.

Thanks Man, and yeah this "mini" project turned into something of a Behemoth :haha:

That looks amazing - for a Mac. Seriously though, it looks great :thumb: I love the actual "shape" of the case, and your collet are perfect. It almost looks like the PSU doesn't fit.

Thanks and as for the PSU: it does fit, but just barely :shok:

Very well done!

Outstanding!

Thanks guys :thumb:

Just went through this thread from start to finish, and I do have to say that I am so very happy that I didn't have to wait to see the final product!

You should send this to Apple and tell them: look at the potential you had for this case! But you had to screw it up and put crap inside =(

What Apple should take from this if anything is that they have a huge gaping hole in their product line, where's the upgradable mainstream tower Steve? As for being full of crap inside you are right, however ten years ago that was a smoking fast machine. I did a little CineBench test to see what kind of performance increase the new components have offered.

PowerPC G4 (@ 450Mhz) xCPU Render Score: 298

Intel Core i7 860 (@ 4.0Ghz) xCPU Render Score: 22953

...That's a 77X performance improvement :shok:

Awesome!!! :punk:

martin_metal_88

Congrat my friend this is for sure one of the best workblog in the forum!!! If all mac could be like that they would be a lot nicer to my eyes XDXDXD Carry on with more rig!!!

0o0

Banned
wow that's looks really awesome.. I'm guessing the back i/o shield didn't fit? All the internal components look like they fit together like a glove lol:haha:

What OS are you running on it? Would it be mac OS by any chance?:whistle:

edit: woah just noticed those sata cables under the psu connected to the mobo:shok: would it be possible to change them at all?

Latest posts

Twitter