What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Project: Power Hackintosh

AmuseMe

:thumb: Wow! Thanks man!

Thanks, I hope to get the front panel wiring along with the rest of the fans and maybe even the PSU done later today. Updates to come after work today, now that I'm awake it's coffee time.

Are you sleeving it?

Photograph

Are you sleeving it?

Not this time around, the Mrs has put the kibosh on any more spending for this project. And the TX750W is already factory sleeved so convincing her that it needs to be redone would be a tough sell, something for a future upgrade I suppose.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
Not this time around, the Mrs has put the kibosh on any more spending for this project. And the TX750W is already factory sleeved so convincing her that it needs to be redone would be a tough sell, something for a future upgrade I suppose.

Women and their damn meddling!
All kidding aside, lookin good. I like the choice of colors of course. Just one remark about the diffused light - I assume that is 3M two way tape holding it on, do you think that is enough to hold it on? - over the years tape gets dry and cracks, could fall off.
And the fan over the usb/firewire ports - i've seen some cases do this, and it pulls dust into the usb port itself.. just be careful, dust is conductive.. a friend fried his motherboard when he plugged a usb thumb drive into a dusty port.

Photograph

Women and their damn meddling!
All kidding aside, lookin good. I like the choice of colors of course. Just one remark about the diffused light - I assume that is 3M two way tape holding it on, do you think that is enough to hold it on? - over the years tape gets dry and cracks, could fall off.

Hey thanks :thumb:

I'm sure that eventually the tape may loosen a bit, but the decade old tape that Apple had on there did not come off without a real fight and a lot of work. I am certain this will be fine for many years to come.

And the fan over the usb/firewire ports - i've seen some cases do this, and it pulls dust into the usb port itself.. just be careful, dust is conductive.. a friend fried his motherboard when he plugged a usb thumb drive into a dusty port.

I am aware of that issue too and there should be no problems as these ports have sealed backs, so no air flows through them unlike PCB mounted ports. And I have made a little foam gasket to go on the back of the faceplate that goes over these ports as to keep air from moving around the ports, eliminating the need for compressed air cleaning down the road.

Photograph

More work has been done.

Latch plate and u-channel for all holes completed:

4421462846_539e687402_o.jpg

Bottom intake fan mounted:

4420697005_3642279b4b_o.jpg

A 120x12mm Scythe fan that will be mounted between the metal and plastic parts of the case providing the 5770's some fresh air:

4420697067_6780a3e1c9_o.jpg

And Mounted:

4421463078_aac5ebb665_o.jpg

Next the PSU Was mounted:

4420697245_7749554b22_o.jpg

And now it is the motherboards turn:

4421463268_caf5ee6268_o.jpg

Fiber and rubber washers cushion all motherboard mounts:

4420697423_c4520b46d6_o.jpg

When closed everything fits...just barely. I have less than a millimeter between the ram lever and the edge of the bottom SATA drive.

4420696837_d2f7fa384f_o.jpg

And next... I turned it on :punk:

4420697485_efd453d5f2_o.jpg

And with the lights out:

4420697555_6cea67a56a_o.jpg

More to come tomorrow.

AmuseMe

Sleeve it anyways! You dont even need to do the 'single braid' style. Adding some sleeving color would look sick!

Latest posts

Twitter