What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Project: PrometheusCU - Update #1 - Dec 3rd 08

Langer

Fallen HWCer
C'mon... would I do that to you?

Here's a general hodge-podge of the work in progress... too tired to organize or caption.

I knew I should have paid extra for instructions... It's been so long now; how the hell does all this fit together again?

Tune in soon, more on the way.

Langer

Fallen HWCer
I forgot... I took some videos so that you too can feel my pain, lol. I'll up them tomorrow.

As a point of reference, it took nearly 2mins to cut each "slot" on the front:

Bedtime now. See you tomorrow. ;)

Langer

Fallen HWCer
Over 9000?

As mentioned yesterday... videos:

This first video shows just how long it takes to cut out 1 single slot on the front panel. There's something like 50 fins on the front panel alone.
VIDEO 1

This one shows the cutout for the MatrixOrbital Typhoon GX that will be mounted tot eh back of the case. It's sole purpose will be to scroll thanks to sponsors and supporters.
VIDEO 2

Here we have the SSD mount - note the extensive amount of burring going on. Fear not the burring only happens badly on the trailing edge, I setup the cut direction so that the trailing edge always falls on the scrap and not on my parts. This doesn't make for perfection, because I had to guesstimate the proper settings and method for cutting copper, but it does make life a little easier.
VIDEO 3

I took this video to show the Carbon Cutting process. The Carbon is cut much slower (10in/min, compared to the 100in/min used for copper) and also it's cut in a single pass. I have lots of experience with cutting Carbon - it's easy for me to get a perfect burr free edge every time.
VIDEO 4

Thanks for watching. Tune in soon.
-jesse

Langer

Fallen HWCer
Someone introduced me to the My Brute Flash game today.
My Brute said:
Insert a name to create your own Brute. You will be able to fight against other Brutes in the arena and recruit new pupils. Gain experience and fight tough in the ranking to become... THE BRUTE!

I just signed up and it's really easy... somewhat addicting as well.

Click here-> prometheuscu.mybrute.com
Make a fighter and take me on.

I think many of you will actually find it really entertaining as I have.

Enjoy - I know I am. Hahaha.

(what's with the addicting nature of Flash games?)

Langer

Fallen HWCer
I have a bet going that I can hit 100 pupil in 24hrs - I NEED YOUR HELP.

You can help by clicking below and making a Brute - the fights are automated so it only takes a couple mins.
prometheuscu.mybrute.com

Thanks again everyone!

BrainEater

Looking really good man , nice work !

:thumb:

------------
I saw something that made me giggle.

Most importantly it doesn't include an estimate for my thousands of man hours of labour, research and design, (work out my usual earnings of ~$100-140/hr - this project quickly becomes "priceless").

Sorry , but that ain't how it works.

You only pay yourself 5 cents an hour , when you work for yourself.

:thumb:

Latest posts

Twitter