What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Project "Shorty HTPC" UPDATED Aug 28/10

MonsterSound

Last edited:
H

HaDeS

what hole thing? Do you mean the HDD rack? It supports the Blueray drive and the SSD.

As for cutting the back of my home entertainment center in the bedroom, that wouldn't help because it is butted up against the wall and I can't move it out any.

Yep the hdd rack... you can't cut it down more? It's good if you can give it a bit more air flow. I lost 2 mobo's due to poor air flow. I fixed it by putting a few hundred holes in the top of the case.

Caldezar

Nice job! The wood case should also keep the noise level down quite a bit as well. As for your cabling, the 90 degree HDMI adapters Toyo posted are a great option for you. There's also power cables available with flattened female ends for the same purpose. Although I can't for the life of me seem to find a link to one. How much have space do you have to work with at the back?

And I'm interested to see a pic of this thing complete and installed in your entertainment unit.

Varroa

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll keep those in mind. I don't really need the short HDMI cables anymore since I am using a WD LiveTV in my bedroom and this is running in my entertainment center downstairs which has a bit more room. I am going to try and cut down the metal lid this week or next (when I find time) and that should be the last thing.

The HDD case is support on both sides so the only cutting I could do would be to remove the bottom HDD mounts. That may provide some more space and air flow.

Pics once it is done!

Varroa

Finally Finished!

Finally got around to finishing the lid. I also added a 5450 so I could have hardware decoding support in VLC media player AND to give the machine a little more power. Here are the finished pics:

Attachments

• IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 750

Latest posts

Twitter