What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Mod Project Snowballed !

Lima

woah, after reading though this thread, it really does start seeming like a a project that may double as a doomsday device if something should go wrong..

ahahaha, moving far away in a bit :haha:

Great build, thanks for sharing :canadianwave:

dragoonxx

Look at all that empty space.... looks like it needs to be filled out some water-cooling parts anyone? :ph34r:

no... not water cooling... phase change... or some other exotic, insane idea borrowed from his profession... :haha:

BrainEater

Beer cooled! :canadianwave:

Haha !!
That's not fair.You know I can actually arrange that....hehe
-----

I got a cool package a couple weeks ago.
2 socket P waterblocks from Xeven !!

Cheers bud , gimmie a shout when you are back , I'll send beer.

----

Also , I am inheriting HaDeS' watercooling setup.

There's still at least a month of ski season....Be a bit before I am working on this again.

:thumb:

clshades

It'll get ya started. At least figure out a layout you like before ordering expensive parts etc. Just one of the rads in push-pull will easily cool those procs.

BrainEater

Oh yea.
I'm not initially planning on watercooling the video cards.I just want the 2 processors on water.It will allow me to maintain low temps, regardless of load.I'd like to see 20 degrees Celsius Permanently.

See , one of the factors involved on Xeons running turbo mode , is temperature.
------

I have verified that I can mount 2x TRUE coppers with pelts and waterblocks in the bottom area(mebbie even all 3), and still have tons o room,for the standard watercooling gear.I have the pelts (333 watts each) and the true coppers.The PSU is underway.

The peltier coolers basically match the processors,so with enough rad , I can select the temp I want basically......It doesn't need to be super cold, it just cant get hot ever.

:ph34r:

------------

Pics this weekend.

BrainEater

I'll only be using 2. I'll have one for the mantle.

I actually have a plan !

We are gonna find out just how good of a TIG welder I am.

Argon box , copper plate , autogenous welding.I've done it before , but this one is gonna matter.

:haha:

BrainEater

Ok !

I have successfully welded 1/4 inch copper plate to itself. Quite the task. Here's what I have learned :

-The copper I can get is a good enough grade, I don't need an Argon box.
-I'm told (have not tried yet) that Helium is a better TIG gas for this. I'm gonna try this week with it.
-Copper TIG requires the heat !! I have to preheat it with my oxyacetylene torch till it changes colors , then lay into it with the full 200 amps my welder does.
-I can in fact just use 'romex' type copper wire as filler rod. I was using 10 GA.

-------------

What does all this mean to project snowballed ?
I'm going to put some things from my parts bins to use.
I'm building a small rectangular reservoir for a watercooling loop.......3"x2.5"x 9". Fabricated from 1/4" copper plate.(it's also going to have 2x 333 watt peltiers cooled by true coppers)

hehe.