What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Proposition 19

belgolas

Smoking weed regularly is not nearly the same as getting drunk regularly. You calling me an alchoholic bro?

Thunderball, yea the drug problem hasn't really been solved yet because there is a demand for drugs so they will always be available somehow. And in which case they should be trying to prevent the REAL drugs like cocain, heroin and crap like that off the streets. Legalizing marijuana makes them not have to spend resources on tracking down sellers or crackin down on buyers for this particular "drug", especially since so many people openly use it. It also keeps people away from drug dealers, who will most of the time have access to other harder drugs, which could lead marijuana users into heavier stuff. I'm weary though about it being controlled by the government, because they will probably tax it to shit. Althought this prop is for California and I don't see this hitting Canada any time soon. Another thing to think about is that alchohol is legal and how many stories of drunk drivers do you hear killing people? How many stories about people under the influence of marijuana killing people? Am I right?
I think if someone is under the influence of marijuana or any other drug they should have their license removed for a small time period. If they do it again permanently removed. If someone kills someone under the influence they should be thrown in prison IMO for the rest of their lives for ruining someone else's life and the lives of the close relatives and friends.

headsh0t

I think if someone is under the influence of marijuana or any other drug they should have their license removed for a small time period. If they do it again permanently removed. If someone kills someone under the influence they should be thrown in prison IMO for the rest of their lives for ruining someone else's life and the lives of the close relatives and friends.

Which is no different than alchohol; well actually it IS different than the way you put it cause people don't go to jail for the rest of their lives when they kill someone under the influence but I know what your sayin I gues.... I was just using it as a reference, but you probably have never smoked so you prob cant tell the difference between the affects of both. Go down to your local gokart track, smoke a big doob, and see how well you drive; and then next time pound a 26 of some 80 proof alchohol and give it a shot and tell me how well you do lol. That actually sounds pretty fun... Expirement time!

Also, I don't know if you've seen the Mythbusters where they try and drive while on a cell phone and while drinking, but talking on a cell is just as worse as being under the influence of alchohol, so are you saying if you're caught with a cellphone in hand while driving you should lose your license?

My point was alchohol is just as bad, but it is legal. It was actually made illegal way back when until there was a huge outcry from the population and then it was legalized.

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
i read somewhere that once in a while a cargo plane thats supposed to be empty flies off afghanistan kinda full :)

Keltron 3030

Go down to your local gokart track, smoke a big doob, and see how well you drive; and then next time pound a 26 of some 80 proof alchohol and give it a shot and tell me how well you do lol. That actually sounds pretty fun... Expirement time!

sounds like a time, me buday!!!!!:haha: i can joins too? :p

as for the topic at hand, i say that impared driving laws with weed should carry the same penalties as drunk driving laws. also, it all comes down to common sense people. If your under the influence of anything that alters your physical activity or mental reactions, you really shouldn't drive., but for the ppl that do..........you better watch out for the cops :haha: JK!

again, it comes down to common sense with this

bojangles

Which is no different than alchohol; well actually it IS different than the way you put it cause people don't go to jail for the rest of their lives when they kill someone under the influence but I know what your sayin I gues.... I was just using it as a reference, but you probably have never smoked so you prob cant tell the difference between the affects of both. Go down to your local gokart track, smoke a big doob, and see how well you drive; and then next time pound a 26 of some 80 proof alchohol and give it a shot and tell me how well you do lol. That actually sounds pretty fun... Expirement time!

Also, I don't know if you've seen the Mythbusters where they try and drive while on a cell phone and while drinking, but talking on a cell is just as worse as being under the influence of alchohol, so are you saying if you're caught with a cellphone in hand while driving you should lose your license?

My point was alchohol is just as bad, but it is legal. It was actually made illegal way back when until there was a huge outcry from the population and then it was legalized.

I guess I never finished my post correctly. As I said I'm all for it. However, if marijuana were to be legalized, there would need to be laws similar to what alcohol has. Both have their own effects, but the fact is, they both degrade performance while doing certain tasks.

I've smoked pot on several occasions, and yes, I agree it has a totally different effect. I feel like my brain has been overclocked and is processing things too quickly to even remember. With alcohol, my brain is slowed down and it takes a longer time to process things. Of course, drugs have different effects on different people, but this is what happens to me.

In regards to the cellphone argument, this is exactly why we have a hands-free law in Ontario, and in many other states/provinces. If talking on a cellphone while driving causes accidents just as much as drinking does, then of course it deserves to be illegal.

_dangtx_

Banned
someone remind me how they determine how stoned you are, with alcohol they got a breathalizer but with weed? what the cops take a joint off you and determine the strenght? lol

Thund3rball

Smoking weed regularly is not nearly the same as getting drunk regularly. You calling me an alchoholic bro?

Thunderball, yea the drug problem hasn't really been solved yet because there is a demand for drugs so they will always be available somehow. And in which case they should be trying to prevent the REAL drugs like cocain, heroin and crap like that off the streets. Legalizing marijuana makes them not have to spend resources on tracking down sellers or crackin down on buyers for this particular "drug", especially since so many people openly use it. It also keeps people away from drug dealers, who will most of the time have access to other harder drugs, which could lead marijuana users into heavier stuff. I'm weary though about it being controlled by the government, because they will probably tax it to shit. Althought this prop is for California and I don't see this hitting Canada any time soon. Another thing to think about is that alchohol is legal and how many stories of drunk drivers do you hear killing people? How many stories about people under the influence of marijuana killing people? Am I right?

I am totally down with legalizing it. I think we waste a ton of resources on this phony war that could be used elsewhere. Not to mention all the BS stigma associated with pot. Ya they'll tax it to shit alright, just like booze, smokes and gas. But whatever as long as it's affordable lol.

shumway

someone remind me how they determine how stoned you are, with alcohol they got a breathalizer but with weed? what the cops take a joint off you and determine the strenght? lol

No they count how many cookies are left in the bag next to ya :haha:

Keltron 3030

the only way i know is blood tests. but then again, weed stays in your blood for around a month, so even this will bring up problems in accurately determing whether they are high or nort

Latest posts