What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Proud owner of a 7900 GS

BALISTX

I just ordered an XFX GeForce 7900 GS XT that was on sale at NCIX for $99 after MIR. It's been awhile since I have owned a Nvidia card and from what I have read this card overclocks quite well. To overclock this card I should download the latest the drivers from nvidia and then download the latest Coolbits and ATI Tool. Should I let Coolbits find the best OC and then run ATI Tool to check for artificats?

arbb5

Personally I use RivaTuner to do the overclocking and ATI Tool for artifact testing. The background monitor service that RivaTuner has is great, allows to track how the card is working when I am gaming and also allows different fan profiles to deal with the heat.

JD

Staff member
The latest drivers don't support Coolbits I believe, only crappy nTune.

I'd go with RivaTuner.

enaberif

I'm running a 7900 GS CO at home overclocked and I can play pretty much anything I throw out at it lately.

Playing Bioshock on max settings averaged 30-35fps.

BALISTX

Here is the stock settings of your card according to the EVGA website

Core Speed 500MHz
Memory Speed 1380MHz

Here is the stock settings of mine according to the XFX website, I wonder how close to yours will mine OC.

Core Speed 525MHz
Memory Speed 1550MHz

Last edited:

Twitter