What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PS3 5.1 Audio with Optical

Rocco_360

Hello everyone, I just recently bought a Logitech X-540 5.1 surround sound system and am currently trying to get true 5.1 sound from my PS3. At the moment I am using an adapter that uses the left and right RCA jacks and three cords from my 5.1 speakers which is pumping out simulated 5.1(picture below). The PS3 does have an optical output and I am trying to look for an adapter of some sort to use my speakers with the optical(Picture below).

Current Setup

Current Adapter

PS3 Optical output

cadaveca

Banned
you need a "decoder", or you are SOL. Whether this decoder is a special box, receiver, or a different set of speakers is up to you.

jimpooler

Check this item HD Audio Rush 5.1 Gear Sound Decoder ( website :lunashops.com)for DM500s DM800 xbox360 This is what you are looking for.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Iphikratous

What I have set up right now is my PS3 putting HDMI into my monitor, with audio out from the monitor going into Line In on the I/O plate of my motherboard. I have the PC handling the rest, going out to the X-540 setup, with virtualized 5.1 as well. I intend on getting a soundcard with an optical in, and then output from that soundcard to my speakers. I'm not %100 if it would work, but I don't see why it wouldn't, and not only would you spend the same or less than that decoder, you'd also get better quality for your computer as well.

Such as this:

Newegg.ca - HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Postumus

I'm also curious as to whether this will work or not, as I have a logitech z5300 setup and I'm considering trying a similiar thing...

Latest posts

Twitter