What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PS3 with DD-WRT router

JerryZ

Hi I have TP-LINK tl-wr1043nd router with latest DD-WRT and my ps3 wifi connection is slow all of a sudden.

Has anyone had problems with DD-WRT on ps3? I have tried port forwarding and DMZ with no luck. Upnp is on.

I reset the settings of my router and got 3.5mp on ps3 but it went down 2 hours later to like 800ks. I have also reflashed and change speed settings/channels on router with no luck. Any suggestions?

thanks

m1dget

Hi I have TP-LINK tl-wr1043nd router with latest DD-WRT and my ps3 wifi connection is slow all of a sudden.

Has anyone had problems with DD-WRT on ps3? I have tried port forwarding and DMZ with no luck. Upnp is on.

I reset the settings of my router and got 3.5mp on ps3 but it went down 2 hours later to like 800ks. I have also reflashed and change speed settings/channels on router with no luck. Any suggestions?

thanks

If you have close neighbors...

Check if someone is trying to brute force authentication on your AP.
Check if someone else is using your AP.
Check if you are on the same frequency as another AP or IBSS network in range of yours.
Check if you somehow managed to put some bandwidth management/QoS on restricting your usage (?)

bonchiq

1) Upgrade the firmware of your router.

2) Ask the manufacturer of your game or your ISP what is the best MTU size on your connection.
Change the MTU size.

3) If it is connected wirelessly, Change the CTS/RTS threshhold and Fragmentation threshhold to 2304 value.

enaberif

Wireless will always be and always is generally a lot more flaky and slower than a good wired connection.

I say lock down the wireless well and if that doesn't help then your probably gonna have to go with wired or powerline.

MichaelG72

Wireless will always be and always is generally a lot more flaky and slower than a good wired connection.

I say lock down the wireless well and if that doesn't help then your probably gonna have to go with wired or powerline.

As said by someone else about wireless,

Also try and check QOS setting within your router as I had a similar issue

JerryZ

It turns out the PS3 was the problem. I brought it in to futureshop for WIFI problem. They sent it for

repairs. I get the ps3 back and they said they found no problems. I take a look and serial number on PS3

and it was not mine. Long story short, they tried giving me 2 ps3s that were not mine. After screaming

a those dumb shits for 2 hours they admitted haven lost my ps3 and they gave me new SLIM for free.

And poof like magic WIFI is fast now@ 100% signal. thanks for replies

Never again .......FUTURESHOP U SUCK :)