What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PS5 has slower loading times than XSX

Bond007

If true, this would be a downer for all the PS5 fans. Sony/rumours have been going on about the ssd speed for a while now.

“...the Xbox Series X is at least slightly faster — and sometimes more than twice as fast — than the PlayStation 5 when it comes to the titles mentioned earlier.”

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Not overly surprising though is it? It's technically a slower clocked CPU, and less CU's on the GPU. It also doesn't appear to have the faster 10GB chunk of RAM like XSX does. The other aspect would be that MS is using their DirectStorage API here (that we'll see on PC too). Perhaps Sony's OS isn't quite as refined, or the API they're using isn't as efficient.

To me, it feels like Sony spent too much money (and perhaps time) designing the case rather than focusing on the functionality. Likely would have been better spent on beefing up the GPU and increasing cooling so the CPU could run at equal clocks to the XSX.

Last edited:

ipaine

Well really though that is not what I would call a good example to go by. None are new titles designed for either console. Not defending Sony at all, but I would not jump based off of those titles. Show me results from some new multi-platform titles actually made for the consoles and then we can draw some real results.

Oh and that is a very misleading title to an article that they just ripped from Gamespot. At least gamespot said it was a test of speed on backwards compatible games.

Bond007

Well really though that is not what I would call a good example to go by. None are new titles designed for either console. Not defending Sony at all, but I would not jump based off of those titles. Show me results from some new multi-platform titles actually made for the consoles and then we can draw some real results.

Oh and that is a very misleading title to an article that they just ripped from Gamespot. At least gamespot said it was a test of speed on backwards compatible games.

thanks for posting the source doc. While I agree that the titles aren’t optimized, I still think the results are interesting and a slap to PS5 fans (at least in current state). Mainly because of all the hype, both from Sony and rumours, about how fast it was.

Personally I am not biased one way or the other, and am not sure I will even get either. However, specs wise the XSX supposedly has the faster CPU, GPU, larger SSD, cooler/quieter, and is cheaper in Canada. PS5 seems the have an advanced controller, more games that will be unique to it, and the faster SSD. If the SSD falters in real-world results it is another things it looses out on.

Izerous

Folding Team
One of the random links of links kind of things on the PS5 loading time stuff... Will not support 1440p output.

I mean on one hand it's one when they are supporting pretty much every other resolution, but has anyone ever seen 1440p on anything other than a monitor instead of a TV? It sure isn't common atleast. TVs pretty much jumped from 480, 720, 1080, 4k.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm not really worried if one is faster than the other by a bit. What bugged me about the PS5 Launch is the lack of Actual SSD Support (It's coming later they say). That is something they should have had working and certified before launching IMO. Especially given the size of games these days.

-ST

lowfat

Staff member
Would be cool af if windows would integrate an app hibernation like the quick resume. That is suck a sick feature IMO.

Latest posts