What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PSU troubles

Shadowarez

Hiya guts having worst luck possible with new build now even old build.

Put old rive 4 Black Edition board into new case setup PSU cables go to turn it on PSU making clicking sound and it's powering on off instantly. I unplug power to the Motherboard no issue it stays on never had that problem before.

Lysrin

I do believe I had that exact problem with my first Z97 Pro Wifi board in my current build. It was a motherboard problem that required RMA, and wasn't a PSU issue.

I did all the testing, running the motherboard on its own, outside of the case on the motherboard box to ensure no shorts, nothing else attached, different PSUs, etc. Once that determined it was the board ASUS recommended the RMA.

Mr. Friendly

double heck that you're not shorting out so the system won't jump on.

if it's in a case, building it outside is the best way to try and figure that out.

Shadowarez

Ty just reinstalled my gigabyte aorus Ultimate board PSU working fine. But having another issue bios shows the network card but windows won't see it or install from cd showing no compatible hardware. After trying to install for 10 mins

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
So the RIVE 4 is fine, just not liking the new case?.......?

As for the network adapter issue, I'm assuming you're still trying to stay on Win 7, as you had mentioned in previous posts. Everyone from Microsoft to the board makers to the chip makers is trying to make that as difficult as possible these days. Finding drivers may be a problem.

Shadowarez

Just got nic working I'm really thinking ram is borked it can't run xmp in duel channel for more then 20 mins it runs fine single 8 GB stick but duel 8 GB sticks bad memory pool

Sagath

Staff member
Just got nic working I'm really thinking ram is borked it can't run xmp in duel channel for more then 20 mins it runs fine single 8 GB stick but duel 8 GB sticks bad memory pool
Be careful, this could be a bad CPU memory channel, or even motherboard problem.

Have you tried running memtest yet? You really need to play all the variables out here to determine the root cause. Go down to one stick of ram, and (if it passes) move it through all your slots.

Shadowarez

Yeah memtest found some errors contacted corsair doing a rma for them atm. I'll upload some pics soon as Can.

JD

Staff member
Be careful, this could be a bad CPU memory channel, or even motherboard problem.
...or nothing at all... My X58 did that and I ended up just upgrading at the time. Eventually I hooked the board back up onto of of those "bench" cases and everything was fine. Guess it just needed some downtime :whistle: It makes a good "test" board now anyhow, since it still has a PCI slot and IDE for old stuff.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter