What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Purchasing a subwoofer

draemn

I have the Asus Xonar Essence STX for connections and currently use A5+ speakers.

Now, I'm not sold on the Audioengine S8 as a lot of people online rag on them for being over-priced vs competition for the sound. What's a good sale price for the S8 and what are some alternative options that will work with my setup?

Not sure about these yet, but been looking up the PreSonus T8

Last edited:

draemn

Considering the S8 is $350 and up and the sound quality of my existing equipment, I would think that should give you a good idea. I have a fair amount of space available.

Bond007

Been a while since I have researched that area of the sub market. If I remember right Paradigm PDR-100 can be found in the $350 ball park and is pretty solid.

draemn

Haha, my tastes in good audio equipment do not run that expensive. Looks like the Paradigm PDR-100 doesn't have the ability to connect up with my existing system. Took a look at the "manual."

Last edited:

Bond007

Haha, my tastes in good audio equipment do not run that expensive. Looks like the Paradigm PDR-100 doesn't have the ability to connect up with my existing system. Took a look at the "manual."

Yeah I don't shop in the more expensive section either. I haven't subwoofer shopped in a while, but I believe there are some BIC subs that are pretty good for the price (F12 I think is the cheaper one and the higher end one is PR or PL 200....something along those lines).

Latest posts