What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Push/Pull Fan configuration

KaptCrunch

Lucky if get 1 amp 12watts per header. Yes dedicated controller, read its spec's for are cheap units out there
NOTE: CALCULATE 80% load on headers, fan channels to ensure reliability

Izerous

Folding Team
I ran molex power and one PWM header to the external radiators. 18 identical fans then are controlled as 1 fan thourgh software but hijack the molex power to not overdraw the fan header.

rjbarker

I use a 4 Ch / 50W per channel Controller.....been using the same Controller since the birth of my first Water Build in 2014....Lamptron Controller...only thing plugged into my Mobo is the Pump Sensor....and a couple of RGB strips....

stlouis1

Maybe I'm spoiled with the number of temp sensors and fan headers on my sabertooth boards? The software itself is a bit quirky in ways but for tuning fan curves based on their positions and heatzones is something I've grown used to as it's quite powerful I find. I'm pretty sure the settings get stored in the bios anyway and the software is just needed for the initial config as I don't have it open all the time. Fan controllers to me just add wiring, and with fewer cases having external front bays that's less of an option to me.

my pcb's just showed up yesterday though. I'm waiting for components to solder on but I guess I'll post pics soon enough, maybe take a video to better show what I'm getting at here.

rjbarker

My last 2 Asus Boards have an incredible amount of Fan Headers (previous RIVE and now MXIE).....all of my cabling for my Fan Controller is completely hidden, of which I wouldn't be able to do if they were all plugged into Mobo Headers - zoiks!!!
No software and manual controls is what I prefer......but I guess some like to tinker with there BIOS settings beyond OC'ing :) Enjoy your new build !!!

Izerous

Folding Team
@rjbarker I like software controls for being able to ramp up/down the fans based on load. Although in my situation they are usually at near minimum RPM speeds. Kinda configure it once and never touch it again.

Latest posts