What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

push scooters - anyone here know anything about them?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
my grandson is 7 and the one we bought for them 2 years ago is waaay to small now, so wife wants to get him something bigger and I hope something that has enough ergonomics so he doesn’t outgrow it too quickly. that’s probably not possible as I suspect he’s taller / heavier than average cause he comes from a family where everyone (but the women) are 6’ 2" and up.

big wheels, inflatable tires and a handbrake are musts…lots of hills here and they go into dirt paths all the time,

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
so nobody here uses them in any capacity?

we got our boy a RDS...the Razor Dirt Scooter. it has 8" wheels with pneumatic tires, so they won't feel the rough roads like you would with the poly wheels most have and the tires have treads, so will also be good for the dirt trails they walk on a lot.

me...I'm looking at kick bikes. more effort is involved, but the big adult models are a lot more affordable than actual big adult bikes.

clshades

my grandson is 7 and the one we bought for them 2 years ago is waaay to small now, so wife wants to get him something bigger and I hope something that has enough ergonomics so he doesn’t outgrow it too quickly. that’s probably not possible as I suspect he’s taller / heavier than average cause he comes from a family where everyone (but the women) are 6’ 2" and up.

big wheels, inflatable tires and a handbrake are musts…lots of hills here and they go into dirt paths all the time,
Canadian Tire has some really solid aluminum ones with adjustable handles.

belgolas

I use an e-scooter and they are a ton of fun. I just bought an Apollo City but it hasn't shipped yet. Can't wait to get it. Ever since my friend let me use his when we went on vacation to Quebec City I have been hooked. No better way to explore a city.

I haven't used a leg powered scooter since I was a little kid so I don't have any advice for that.

Latest posts