What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Quake Champions

clshades

I just got my key too. here we go!!

FYI to anyone signing up. If you don't get a confirmation email right after signing up it didn't work and wont work. I had to try multiple emails before I finally got one.

Jokester

Got the confirmation email, but no key so far :( how is it?

I'm not thrilled with the feel of it so far. It's quakeish. Not sure why they felt the need to add a special move to each character. Imo the whole point of quake I'd that everyone is equal no special moves. Not sure I like that direction.

clshades

It needed to change Jokester. IIke the idea of a bonus move that is character specific. As far as the feel of it the game plays exactly like quake 3. Same strafe jumping for speed. Same rocket jumping. Same gravity and physics.

Now there are gonna be mods like CPMA and rocket arena that may or may not support the bonus moves. Rocket Arena was and always has been Nascar gaming so everyone was on equal terms no bonuses.

So far I really like it. Very smooth game play and high paced.

Jokester

It needed to change Jokester. IIke the idea of a bonus move that is character specific. As far as the feel of it the game plays exactly like quake 3. Same strafe jumping for speed. Same rocket jumping. Same gravity and physics.

Now there are gonna be mods like CPMA and rocket arena that may or may not support the bonus moves. Rocket Arena was and always has been Nascar gaming so everyone was on equal terms no bonuses.

So far I really like it. Very smooth game play and high paced.

the feel is not the exact same. not sure what game you were playing. but each their own. I'll wait to see how the final product turns out before dismissing it completely.

Glad you like the bonus move. I think it takes away from what Quake is supposed to be. If I want moves I can play every other FPS.

Jokester

I have three keys if anyone wants one just let me know. Played some more, more fun the more you spend time in it. Also the stock settings has my aspect @ 75% which made it look like crap.

Latest posts