What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Question about CPUZ!

encorp

When I overclock my settings sometimes I look and all the sudden it is underclocked and omg why is it 1.6ghz!!?!!?

I'm kidding :p
hehehehehehe!

My Real Problem is here:

I've been having some apparent memory issues with my board; and when in CPUZ I noticed something.

I have my ram in slots 2 and 4.

In CPUZ It shows them in 3 and 4.

Is this proper? I'm pretty sure every other time I've used it it shows them in the proper slots in CPUZ but I can't remember.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Are your DIMMS setup 1-3-2-4 or 1-2-3-4 ???? I know for Intel boards some are grouped one way, and some the other way, and I've made that mistake too many times going from board to board. Either that or a glitch in the program? I dunno..
That could be the only thing I would think of (could be wrong)

As for the 1.6GHZ, that is solved very easily, its such a common problem.
Look over that the big flashy light with a button on it. Press and Hold it until your screen goes black. I Promise it won't run at that speed anymore.....

Good Luck
ST

G

When I overclock my settings sometimes I look and all the sudden it is underclocked and omg why is it 1.6ghz!!?!!?

I'm kidding :p hehehehehehe!

My Real Problem is here:

I've been having some apparent memory issues with my board; and when in CPUZ I noticed something.

I have my ram in slots 2 and 4.

In CPUZ It shows them in 3 and 4.

Is this proper? I'm pretty sure every other time I've used it it shows them in the proper slots in CPUZ but I can't remember.
Oh you evil little man:rtfm:
Are the slots labeled on the mobo?

sswilson

Staff member
Actually..... the most important question is "Are they showing as being in Dual Channel?????" If so, then I wouldn't be worried.

MSI used to colour their memory channels differently than industry standard, but I don't remember if the slots themselves were side/side or split.

encorp

Sorry, does it show in CPUZ as Dual channel? Haha I've honestly never looked at that all these years.

Also; I don't think they are labeled on the board; but according to the manual they are in order of 1,2,3,4 - At least I'm 99.999999% Certian haha, I can double check when I get home tonight.

sswilson

Staff member
3349419dfb87574.jpg

encorp

Awesome thanks!

Mine just says Dual in the Channel # row; it mentions nothing in the DC Mode row.. does that matter?

BrainEater

I think it should say symmetric....mine does.

What version of cpuid you using ?

Older versions won't always detect properly.

:thumb:

Latest posts