What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Question about European PC games

Lpfan4ever

I posted this on the NCIX forums, and I figured I might as well post it on here as well.

Well, my mom decided to abuse ebay this year and she bought a bunch of PC games for my brother, but they were all from a seller in England. I have 2 questions:
1) Is it even possible to play them because of their region?
2) If it is possible to play, what is causing my screen to go crazy and display a constant line of fuzziness all over the screen, causing my computer to freeze and only allowing a hard reset?
(I have changed my second DVD drive to the UK as it's region and that didn't change anything)

(My rig is in the sig, 7600GT is a piece of crap.)

belgolas

Where you buy it will not affect your computer. There are a very small few games that have patches for different countries but they are mostly for languages and stuff like in Germany you can't have any game with a nazi flag in it. So to answer your first question Yes.

2) There could be a whole bunch of reasons. Your computer could be over heating. Bad driver install, bad overclock, need to patch the game, etc.

Latest posts

Twitter