What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Question for 600T SE white owners

Russ_T

First some quick impressions, which owners of the black 600T can probably skip:

Wow this thing is huge. I'm coming from an old Emermax Phoenix though, which is admittedly pretty small for a mid tower. Setup was pretty painless and I enjoy finally having some good cable management options and room inside to work. Build quality is solid as well.

My questions regard the 200mm fans in front and top. One of the reasons I bought the case was that I liked the idea of an integrated fan controller and the ability to turn the fans right down... It was a must actually since I had a fan controller in the old case (which is now in use elsewhere). I'm finding though that even on its lowest setting the front fan is almost intolerably loud. Now I realize that these fans are rated at 1000rpm versus the 800rpm fans in the standard 600T. I read a review though that implies that noise levels are similar when the fans are turned down.

Anyone else find this case loud? Have you replaced the fans/added a fan controller?

My comparison here is a Noctua NF-S12 front intake in the old case that I'd typically run at ~50%. Even at 100% it was only slightly louder then this thing though. Also note that the case in on my desk right next to me so the front intake is about 18'' from my face. Maybe I'm just too picky...

lastsplash

Mine just shipped today, looking forward to seeing it in person! A bunch of parts sitting around collecting dust just waiting for this case! I've already got 4 white GELID fans. (two for an H60 and 2 to replace the top 200mm fan) some white NZXT cable extensions (24,8,2x6) for my P55 FTW and GTX 460, white PCI slot covers from my Fractal Define R3 (server) and some white LED strips, all ready and waiting for this case!

Russ_T

I can relate... I was waiting for this thing to show up on NCIX for 2 months before I finally ordered from Newegg.

I have a couple of white GELID silent 12's on my heatsink as well. Looks sweet. I might consider getting a couple more for the top and put that extra PWM header on my mobo to work.

After rereading my OP, "intolerably loud" might have been a bit of an exaggeration... but I still gotta do something about this front intake. Let me know how you find yours.

bigFOIG

yeah, i also think it's too loud... but i do plan on changing all the fans. my side panel doesn't really close all the way on the right side, so it's not flush. am i the only one with this problem? also, when pushing the side panel on, the right side will always snap in place easily, but the left side will require extra force to snap on... it really bugs me

Russ_T

Both of my panels sit flush, but I had the exact same problem with one of the spring loaded clips on the windowed sided. I had to pop it out of the panel and gently bend the tabs on one side a little because it was rubbing there when opening and closing the case. Fixed it right up.

Optix

I finally got around to opening the box and I think I'm in love. I know it's just a different shell over the guts of a 650D which I'm currently using (and selling - hint, hint, hint) but I love the styling. The fans (the same used in the 650D) aren't that loud by any stretch of the imagination but they are audible. I've used some pretty crappy fans in my day but luckily there is a fan controller.

It's going to be my keeper case and is just begging to have my CoolIT Vantage C240 prototype installed in the top!

Anyway, my panels are all flush but there was a bag of screws floating free when I took the case out. Good job that window is covered with plastic. The one thing that I noticed on mine is that the side panels are just a hair off of what the plastic parts are. They are just a tinge too yellow. It's hard to notice at first but I snapped about 40 or 50 shots of it last night so we're very close. :bleh:

Last edited:

Latest posts