What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Questions about memtest

shayan288

Hi,
I'm a complete idiot when it comes to memtests.
I do not know how to run a memtest. lol.
Could someone please tell me how to run a mem test NOT in my OS.
Please help.
Thanks guys.

shayan288

Hi, infiniti,
ty for link but i have seen and read over many times, and i still do not understand it
what i was hoping for is for someone to give me instruction into how to run a memtest not in my OS.
sorry and thankyou for your link.

Infiniti

Okay, I'll post some instructions here.
1. If you don't have a burning program or anything in your system, download BurnAtOnce.
2. Install it, and download this.
3. Burn the image(ISO) onto a blank disc.
4. Make sure your BIOS settings are correct so that it will load CD first over HD.
5. Pop in the disc, restart your system, and the rest should be self explanatory.

Hope this helps, good luck with your problem. :thumb:

shayan288

if i have 4gb of ram do i run 4 tests of 1gb of ram each since that is the limit
and if i do will it scan all my ram on my computer and tell me if it is defective of not

yamawho

if i have 4gb of ram do i run 4 tests of 1gb of ram each since that is the limit
and if i do will it scan all my ram on my computer and tell me if it is defective of not
Well ... start by testing all the sticks.

DRAM speed, timings, voltage are all factors when testing.
Your setting the speed to auto and the timings by SPD should give you stock settings.

Make sure have the correct settings in the bios and if your not sure, confirm using cpuz while in windows since memtest doesn't always give you the info.

Latest posts

Twitter