What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Questions about memtest

shayan288

wow i am so confused. I dont know what to do rite now. When i downloaded the memtest, i putted on a cd and put it on my computer and opened it and it asked me how much ram i wanted to scan and i put in 1gb and i ran 3 other tests for 1gb each because I have 4gb of ram and the limit is 1gb of ram per test. and I am so confused whether I am on the right track not. Can someone please give me really detailed instructions as if they are talking to a 5 year old because that is how i feel like right now. Thankyou.

enaberif

wow i am so confused. I dont know what to do rite now. When i downloaded the memtest, i putted on a cd and put it on my computer and opened it and it asked me how much ram i wanted to scan and i put in 1gb and i ran 3 other tests for 1gb each because I have 4gb of ram and the limit is 1gb of ram per test. and I am so confused whether I am on the right track not. Can someone please give me really detailed instructions as if they are talking to a 5 year old because that is how i feel like right now. Thankyou.

Its because you were shown the "wrong" area to go for memtest.

There is memtest.com which isn't the version you want and memtest.org which you do want.

http://memtest.org/download/2.01/memtest86+-2.01.iso.zip

Thats the link for the proper version.

Latest posts