What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Quick guide to using your PS3 for [email protected]

bobletman

Thats what I thought. I ran the PS3 client months ago and I was so surpised at how low the PPD was. They should really boost the amount of PPD it gets.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yeah the PS3 to my estimates are ~900PPD. Some people may not think its worth it but in my mind, PPD is PPD!

chrisk

Folding Captain
Looks like Sony has optimized the Life with Playstation software (version 1.10). The readme says that folding performance can be optimized by disabling all background channels that may be running while the PS3 is folding, freeing up resources for folding. It is in the new "Expert" folding section.

I'll mess around with it, and update the thread with the new info.

badatcards

my ps3 just completed 666 WUs. Anyone here using their PS3 to fold,if so how many WUs has it done.avg points per WU is 250 and takes 6-8 hours and does 4 per day= 1000PPD.I love my PS3 to bad it does not give more PPD. 666(WUs) X 6 (hours)= 3996 hours ,thats how long my PS3 has bin running without counting all the hours playing games.:thumb:with no problems at all,just have to plow out the dust sometimes.

badatcards

726 WUs now.lowest points value I'v seen is 251 points per WU. So if all my WUs were 251 credit(witch they are not) my PS3 has got 182226 points so far:punk:(251 x 726=182226). at 1000PPD thats 180 days,or at 900PPD thats 202 days of my PS3 has bin running:thumb:.It would be more but i'v got my PS3 on a wireless connection and it has a hard time finding the server sometimes and will go hours maybe days before i notice and get it to find the server again:angry2:.Now I have my PS3 hooked up to my PC monitor so I dont have to move from my PC to check it:biggrin:.Almost 200000 points,not to bad for a PS3,Every point helps:canadianwave:

SugarJ

Staff member
Does anyone know if you can set up a passkey on your account in the PS3? My regular account has a passkey, and it can not be disabled.

Latest posts

Twitter