What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

R5 3600 owner please raise your hands. I have a question for you!

Coach

I have two. Of you R5 3600 owners how many of you can exceed 4.2Ghz with your cpu? Neither of mine can do this.

Entz

Don't have a chip but based on the sites selling pre-overclocked ones, 4.2 is going to be the max for most people. 4.3 is a golden chip it seems.

Mr. Friendly

I hear there are issues with the Ryzen 3000 hitting higher all-core clock speeds. it seems AMD is binning the CPUs so that the cores all hit the base clock and then there is the one core that will hit the boost speed the CPU is rated for.

it's lame...but perhaps the CPU's and process need more time for optimization or they're putting all the winners into the higher end CPU's or the server market. hopefully that will change and isn't something that Intel copies. it's not good for the consumer.

that said, as a lot of my friends say, no need to overclock anymore cause of the turbo boosting and the extra power/heat that it requires. on the flip side, some info leaked on the Intel 9900KS, which is gonna be their 8 core / 16 thread CPU that does a 5ghz boost on all cores.

bassnut

As far as prime stable goes ….. my 3900X is stuck at 4.3 all core though I can bench CBR20 upwards of 4.4 or 4.5 so not much of a difference. At Overclockers we have 1 guy stable at 4.5 the rest all follow suit at 4.3.

Twitter