What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

R9 290 Stuck at 300Mhz/150Mhz.

AllOrNothing

I tore my watercooling build down recently after a hose blew out while my brother was playing Battlegrounds. I just built it back up last night and tried to play Battlegrounds, but my R9 290 will not break 300Mhz core clock and 150mhz memory. In MSI Afterburner I am unable to change the power limit. I installed and uninstalled the newest AMD drivers via DDU with no luck.

I am running a Thermaltake P5 riser cable if that is any help. I am using an HDMI w/ Club3D DP 2.0 adapter to the GPU and have an A/V receiver hooked up via HDMI to the GPU.

I can run BF4, but am only getting about 6fps at 4K, so it seems at least the GPU is actually alive, just gimped. Any ideas?

MARSTG

Try to change slots, if it is possible. Seems it is locked in the idle state.

AllOrNothing

Try to change slots, if it is possible. Seems it is locked in the idle state.
I'm on a Z170i Itx board. Unfortunately it is not an option.

I have run into another problem. I disabled fast boot and now I'm stuck in a never ending black screen. I shut the pc off and cleared the cmos by shorting the two pins. When i tried to enter bios again, I received this message. 'When RAID configuration was built, ensure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode. Press F1 to run setup' I press f1 to enter bios and my bios freezes my computer after about 3 seconds. I only have a single nvme ssd.

AllOrNothing

I finally got fast boot re enabled so now I'm not stuck in an endless black screen.

Now to figure out how to fix thing perma idle problem.

MARSTG

Then just remove the card, boot without it, uninstall the drivers, insert the card again, and go with whql drivers, not beta. And try to update the mobo bios as well.

AllOrNothing

Then just remove the card, boot without it, uninstall the drivers, insert the card again, and go with whql drivers, not beta. And try to update the mobo bios as well.
Alright. I'm on it. Just a heads up. I managed to load optimized defaults in the bios before it froze on me, but the bios still freezes on me. I'm going to update the bios now.

The Asus 'Search of Incredible' load screen loads for a solid 60 seconds before it reaches my desktop. I also remember downloading the amd drivers and when it asks to restart, it restarts to a black screen and I have to hard reset the pc. Is that maybe what is causing my gpu idling issues?

AllOrNothing

I did what you said and still the same thing. I installed WHQL 17.2 Relive drivers from February 2017. I read somewhere to try and disable Powerplay support in Afterburner so I tried that and now my Core Clock is running at a stock 1000mhz, but my memory is still running at 150mhz. When I try to OC the Core Clock by even 1 mhz, it reverts the core clock back down to 300mhz. What's the deal?

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter