What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rad screws?

JD

Staff member
Beware that some radiators use M4 rather than 6/32. Depends if it was manufactured in the USA or not I guess.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah... my EK rad was M4.... pain in the butt to find sufficiently long screws so I ended up securing to the rad with the bottom holes (short screws) and then securing that to the case/fan grill with standard case fan screws.

JD

Staff member
Yeah... my EK rad was M4.... pain in the butt to find sufficiently long screws so I ended up securing to the rad with the bottom holes (short screws) and then securing that to the case/fan grill with standard case fan screws.
These are a godsend:
Radiator Mounting Screw & Nut, 25mm - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive
Radiator Mounting Screw & Nut, 38mm - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive
My rad is the XSPC EX240 Dual Thin Performance Radiator, does this help?
That's 6/32, so you're fine :)

You can just go to your local home improvement store and get 6/32 screws no problem. I think it's 1-1/4" length that you'd want for 25mm fans.

It's funny how Canada uses the metric system and yet it's damn near impossible to find metric screws in the major chain stores.

Latest posts