What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Radiator RGB Fans options for Canadians?

LegendMask

I’m deciding to go this route with my upcoming build, and was looking for a high static pressure 120mm fans for my thick radiator and was hoping if anyone had a good experience with some of those fans besides the ones from Corsair LL120 as those prices $130 of 3 a pack are outrages.

I would have settled for any reasonable fans but my radiator being thick (360 RX) from xspc worries me that static pressure level should be considered when buying my fans.

JD

Staff member

lowfat

Staff member
I dig the look of that Cooler Master unit. Until you need to replace the entire thing as an an LED/fan died.

Last edited:

LegendMask

No idea what these are like, but it looks interesting: https://www.newegg.ca/cooler-master-mfx-b2d3-18npa-r1-case-fan/p/N82E16835103288

Corsair's SP120's are the same price too: https://www.newegg.ca/corsair-co-9050094-ww-case-fan/p/N82E16835181182

Current RGB fan trends seem to leave a lot of space around the frame as they opt for a more "frameless" design. Not sure how well those would work on a radiator since it would mean a lot of air leakage.

But any "good" fan is costly these days.
I did the look of that Cooler Master unit. Until you need to replace the entire thing as an an LED/fan died.
That Corsair looked perfect in my eyes until lowfat made a very valid point.... I used the normal SP120 before and they worked perfectly for many years...

I was hoping someone had a luck with those unknown brands there that goes for $50ish a pack of 3-5. Since I’m gonna need 6 of at least maybe 9

Izerous

The cooler master 3 fan units really intrigue me especially since it would make the wiring for my external cooler so much simpler (18 individual fans) but the cost of 6 of those units just to play with them doesn't make sense. Hooking up especially the middle fans on 1080 radiators is difficult to make look nice and something like that would have been so much easier.

Every time i bought cheaper fans they always failed in a year, Noctua fans years later a not a single failure yet so they ended up being "cheaper" in the long run even given their higher initial purchase price. So i'm not sure if I could suggest some of the unknown chinese brands etc knowing that even the ones I can buy off the shelf don't necessarily last.

KaptCrunch

Can look up jameco.com 12vdc cooling fan

Oops no 360mm fans, can use a template adapter on rad

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Every time i bought cheaper fans they always failed in a year, Noctua fans years later a not a single failure yet so they ended up being "cheaper" in the long run even given their higher initial purchase price.
Yup, my Gentle Typhoons are still running perfectly fine today. My oldest 3 being 9 years now and the others just over 7 years, though they were only $12 back then.

Bartacus

I bought some new Fractal Design Prisma fans, which I like very much, but price is nuts ($45 a piece). That said, the RGB is daisy-chainable directly to 5v ARGB headers on your motherboard, so that convenience was part of the selling point for me. No RGB controller junk like Corsair Link or NZXT Hue. For me, that made the price a *bit* easier to swallow.

OverkillYJ

I use the EK Varder fans on my water cooled HTPC and they are great. Will be transitioning by big PC over when they release 140mm versions this fall.

LegendMask

I just want to add to the topic for anyone who ever gets into my situation, after reading multiple resources of reviews and videos on YT.... I went with PCCooler Corona as it was highly and positively reviewed by multiple users, in terms of Air Flow (54.51 CFM) and Static Pressure (2.36 mmH2O).

Please note its static pressure was only found on one website and Im not sure how true it is, but dude from bitwit channel on YT compared it to Noctuas fans on a radiator and they were within ~1 degree Celsius difference which is amazing.... despite their prices seems to have increased because of those reviews they are still cheaper than Corsair LL Series where I managed to find 5-in-1 pack on Amazon for $95.

Will post back how it performs once I receive them

Latest posts

Twitter