What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rads and Loops on the U2-UFO

nasrott

This is my plan on the runs once my 360 shows up.

Rads used:
xspc es240
xspc rs360

1_5.jpg

Anything wrong with this layout, basically the cpu will be getting a triple the gpu a double?
Next question is it ok to blow in on the triple and out on the double and am I going to gain anything doing push/pull on either of these?

Thx

Last edited:

Trocko

If you watch LinusTechTips at all, you will be fine :)

He's the one who got me off push/pull. Now i only use pull. The temps arent any higher, and the case is just quieter as a whole.

Your rad setup wont matter. The water never stays in the same place for very long, its CONSTANTLY moving, so you could put the gpu on a single rad and give the cpu a quad rad and probably not notice any temps differences.

And you have left yourself a great upgrade path for the future.... You could probably run that entire setup on the dual rad alone.

I'd say you are good to go!

Hooded

Shouldn't be a problem drawing air in from the bottom and through your 360 then blowing air out through the 240 on the top.
You will want to put dust filters on the bottom 360 fans to help keeps dust bunnies out of the case. Another fan or two on the front drawing air in would be a good plan as well.

Hooded

The first layout is better than that one.
Like it or not the exit side of the rad is always a couple degrees cooler than the intake. If it's not then the rads not working.
So going rad - gpu - rad - cpu - return to Pump/Res is the most efficent setup. If only by a degree or two.

nasrott

My idea is too feed both blocks from a rad- 360 to cpu - 240 to vid- notice it does make the tubing runs more complicated. The 240 rad I have and the 360 is on route so both will be installed. I realize is only a few degrees diff(rad-block idea) but this 3770k is pissing me off not getting stable @ 5 gig and the heat it makes. Am hoping adding this 360 will correct this.

Can set my rads up on pull, have np with that, didn't really want to add 5 more fans to this system, main goal is a quiet and fast system in the end...

Latest posts