What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

raid 1+0

kyle_L

right now i have 3 wd black 640gb drives in raid0 and i have already lost my raid setup once(last mobo), now i want to know if buying a 4th drive and creating a raid 1+0 is worth it or to go with a raid0 on 2 drives and keep the third as another backup. or should i go with raid0+1.

bissa

go with raid 5, you can do it with 3 drives and it is just as redundant and you still get the speed of a raid. IMO it is better than raid 1+0

MpG

What died the first time? HDD or motherboard? Regardless, a better option is to buy an external drive for backup. Failing that, a 1+0 will only protect against the discs failing, not the controller. Not sure it's really worth the trouble, tbh. And with how powerful our computers are these days, I don't believe that the parity overhead of RAID 5 is the resource hog that it used to be.

kyle_L

the mobo failed. me and a friend we just talking about the diffent raids and i just had some questions cause you guys had more experience with this stuff than him.

Latest posts

Twitter