What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

RAM compatibility on GA 990 FXA board

LJS

I have a question concerning memory compatibility. I ordered 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit 4x2 (CMZ4GX3M2A2000C10) Corsair for my new FX system build, but just now noticed on the Corsair website that this is a Intel recommended module. I checked on Gigabyte's memory compatibility page and this one is not listed. They do indicate the identical 4 gb module though. Upon searching the web, I found that some people are using the 2gb module with FX processors. Any issues here or should I relax?

dandelioneater

You should be ok. I just bought a gigabyt 990fx-ud3 board and fx-6100 chip yesterday and plan to re-use my mushkin 2x4GB kit from my P55 system. There's no reason why it wouldn't work, but ya never know. Ya just gotta try it.

techman95

i run core i5/i7 "optimized" corsair xms3 in the asus 990fx sabertooth with my 1090t and my 925 before that so you shouldnt have any problems all it really is is a marketing gimick.

Twitter